We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand-20th december :)) Need any advice please!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Thailand-20th december :)) Need any advice please!

Hey all...

Me and my boyfriend- age 25... Are going to Thailand on 20th of this month.. for christmas and new years.... sooo excited!!!

We fly to Bangkok and stay there for one night, we have booked a hotel on Khosan road... Which a friends told us to stay... Whats this road like?

We then fly from there to phuket... Were there for over a wk, have booked a hotel called Kata Villa, near Karon beach... Has anyone ever stayed here? Or can tell me about area or what to do... anything??? We will stay on beach or near pool for xmas day... Then on 27th we have 3 night till 30th with nothing booked... Does anyone have any ideas where to go? what to do... that isnt tooo far travelling as on the 30th we get a boat to phi phi island for new years... where we are meeting 2 friends same age and spending new year together..... then boat bk on 1st and then got to start thinking of flying bk :(

We are both soooo excited but extremely nervous...

If you have any advice any absolutely anything, we would be so grateful.....

Thankyou :)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,384 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand-20th december :)) Need any advice please!

Hi

You will probably do better to post your questions about Khosan Road on the Bangkok forum. It is a road, so do you want to know what sort of road, or what sort of restaurants / shops bars are on the road??

Have you look at the reviews for the Kata Villa, tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1215780-d681… just click on that link

Lots to do about the area, what do you fancy doing?? Whatever you want then look in the left hand panel of this forum page and check out the ‘Travel Guide’ / ‘Inside Guides’ and ‘Things To Do’ which list lots of pointers of what to see and where to go as well as other information like restaurants

<---------------------------

then on the right check out FAQs / top questions about . . . . . .

--------------------------->

If you are accessing via the smart phone app’ you won't see the panel on the left or the FAQs, so suggest that you switch your phone to full site mode or head to a laptop or pc to enjoy the information that has been collected. The Top Questions / FAQs ---> are on the right of all forum pages!

It looks like you have posted the same question twice, and I know how easy it is to do with a smart-phone. To remove duplicate posting click on Report inappropriate content, scroll down and click on remove my post. It will then be removed. Only you or TA can remove your own duplicate posting, although anyone can do this and select duplicate post

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand-20th december :)) Need any advice please!

We always spend 3 days at ,Ko Racha . A BEAUTIFUL island only 30 minute boat ride away from Phuket . 3 White sand beaches. Small bungalows and bars. My friend Tom ,at "Tom bar". Brings a little slice of Jamaica to the beach. We always book transport and accommodation through Bungalows Raya. Basic bungalows on hillside looking over amazing bay. This island is a little gem . And if you decide to go for 2 or 3 nights you will thank me . They have a web site you can book through . They pick you up at your hotel .To pier then speed boat , accommodation . And transport back to hotel in Phuket . Great staff good restaurant and bar ,over the water......Paradise!

Edited: 03 December 2012, 02:55
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand-20th december :)) Need any advice please!

Oh and there is a lot to do in Kata -Karon area . Lots of restaurants ,bars shopping. Beaches ,water sports.Mini golf,Elephant rides ,View point ,Great hillside viewpoint bars. !0 minute Tuk Tuk ride to Patong and the REAL craziness. Disco's live bands. Go Go bars and all that. You will be ready for a few quiet days on a small island ?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thailand-20th december :)) Need any advice please!

Its unlikely you'll find any accommodation available on PhiPhi for those dates. Its a very popular island with very limited accommodation.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,973 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thailand-20th december :)) Need any advice please!

Hi Roxi

Kata Villa is located across the road from the southern end of Karon beach. The snorkelling along the reef is very pleasant if you are into watersports. The restaurant at The Kata Villa offers good value for money meals and the swimming pool is in a pretty garden setting. Across the road from the Villa is The Ruam Thep Inn...they serve excellent Pad Thai and a sizzling prawn platter. A great spot for sundowners! Believe me I work close by and love watching the sunsets here.

Kata Villa is also located within walking distance to some good shopping and excellent restaurants, eg:

The Two Chefs

Wine Connection.

Lucky Toms (Taina Road, Kata Center)

The Kwong Shop (Taina road, Kata Center) for seafood.

If you like minigolf The Dino Park is within seconds walk across the road from the Kata Villa. The best time to play is in the evening.

Hope that this helps and enjoy your holiday ;-)

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,537 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thailand-20th december :)) Need any advice please!

Khao San Road is noisy, busy, full of mostly backpackers and travellers, bars and restaurants (with questionable quality of food), stalls selling cheap DVD's, CD's and other trinkets and traveller clothes - are you getting the picture?

7. Re: Thailand-20th december :)) Need any advice please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 21:17