We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia checked baggage

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Air Asia checked baggage

Hi Guys,

Do bags get checked all the way through to Phuket from Sydney or do we have to collect them from KL and then check them in again. We are flying AA on all flights.

Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
197 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia checked baggage

Only go right through if you booked "fly thru" all AA flights are point to point otherwise, it means that you have to collect baggage at each destination.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
260 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia checked baggage

We flew Aa from Gold Coast to Bangkok with a stop in kl and we did not have to do any of that bags went straight thru and we went straight to transit I thought it was only scoot that messed you about like that but I'm sure someone else will confirm one way or the other for you

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
260 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia checked baggage

We flew Aa from Gold Coast to Bangkok with a stop in kl and we did not have to do any of that bags went straight thru and we went straight to transit I thought it was only scoot that messed you about like that but I'm sure someone else will confirm one way or the other for you

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,384 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia checked baggage

as said, if you have booked you flight as a thru flight they will go all the way, eg if you flight is booked Syd-Phuket, but if you opted to book it in single legs (cause its cheaper) Syd -KL, then KL - Phuket, you have to collect your baggage and check it back in

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia checked baggage

No they used to make you take baggage off and recheck not anymore it goes all the way through to your destination

6. Re: Air Asia checked baggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2013, 10:17