We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon destination

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon destination

Hi

looking to book my honeymoon for 11th november next year (scary i can only say that for another week)

We have settled on Thailand as a destination now | Just need to choose a resort.

Ideally we would like somewhere relatively quiet with nice restaurants,beaches and scenery

However We would like to be within a reasonable distance to a bit of nightlife as we are only 30 and 25 respectively.

what resorts and hotels would you recommend? I like a few hotels in Karon, what are peoples thoughts on it as a resort?

Is it expensive to get from Karon to patong for an evening or 2?

I originally had thought about going to koh samui, koh phanang and koh tao but erad november is the monsoon season on the gulf coast and the weather is better on the andaman side of things.

cheers

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon destination

The weather in November is OK in November, this year there was still a fair bit of rain around.

If you want quiet and secluded, then I suggest Nai Harn Beach. If you want hustle and bustle, some nightlife, then Patong. For a mixture of both, then Karon. Do you have a budget in mind?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon destination

About £1300 pp including flights, not sure about spending money, how much would you recommend to be eating out every day aswell as having a few drinks?

Was looking at the centara grand, seems to be perfect

Don't mind the odd shower, aslong as it doesn't rain for days on end

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon destination

Have you thought about maybe spending a few days in PHuket and a few days in Koh Samui?

Obviously depending on how long you are going for

Flights are pretty cheap

Thailand in october/november... it rains for a few mins then its back to being warm and sunny

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon destination

Hi

The cost for a tuk tuk from the southern end of Karon to Patong is around 400 baht.

Happy Honeymoon :-)

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,860 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon destination

Kata Noi is a very pretty area, have a look at Mom Tri's Villa Royale, it is perfect for honeymooners, quiet & secluded, beautiful location but only a few minutes walk from shopping, restaurants, bars etc.

http://www.villaroyalephuket.com/index.html

Cathy

Phuket Thalang
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon destination

I would like to arrage Phuket Bike Resort(new hotel)there is private and quiet.Lovely to stay and second one Ao Chalong villa resort and spa it's

very nice resort private and quite then they has 2 pools.Just my opinion.

7. Re: Honeymoon destination

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2014, 10:16