We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where in Phuket should we stay we are between 20-50

Fort st john
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Where in Phuket should we stay we are between 20-50

We are planning a trip to Phuket, and trying to decide which part oh Phuket to stay, I know the kids ( 20,21,22) will want patong beach but I don't think the 4 parents want to stay there, but close enough the kids could go, any suggestions.

Edited: 03 January 2013, 04:23
1. Re: Where in Phuket should we stay we are between 20-50

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 January 2013, 13:35
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where in Phuket should we stay we are between 20-50

You can stay either side of Patong at Karon, Kata or Kamala, Surin, Bang Tao. This way you have the best of both worlds as your close enough to Patong for the younger ones and at more relaxed locations for the oldies. Enjoy.

Genouilly, France
Level Contributor
90 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where in Phuket should we stay we are between 20-50

Stay at Pacific Club in Karon Beach - it's wonderful.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where in Phuket should we stay we are between 20-50

Karon Beach is close enough to Patong, do make sure though to either have a hotel / resort on the beach or at least along the beach road so that you do not get stuck far away from the beach.

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where in Phuket should we stay we are between 20-50

tbaden....50's is not an Oldy!

Mark.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where in Phuket should we stay we are between 20-50

What about staying at the southern end of Patong where it is really quiet,yet close enough.....A long walk or a short taxi/tuk tuk ride to Patong central....

For that matter....Tri Trang Beach Resort sounds good to me too....Which is just out of Patong,yet still smack on the beach.....

Phuket
Level Contributor
601 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where in Phuket should we stay we are between 20-50

Between 20-50 , at least that narrows it down a bit ! I would recommend Kata beach . A great place for young and 'older' with great restaurants & some good bars for the nightlife and Patong is only a 15 minute taxi ride away .

Giles - Offspray Leisure

Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where in Phuket should we stay we are between 20-50

Captainm: You better tell my kids that.

9. Re: Where in Phuket should we stay we are between 20-50

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 05:21