We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patong

New York
Level Contributor
143 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Patong

How crazy is Patong? I feel like I am getting mixed messages. Is it akin to staying on the Strip in Vegas or more like Frat row of some college? I have no problem with some craziness as long as the hotel provides peace. If that's true then I am debating: La Flora vs Burasuri vs Banthai Beach vs Holiday Inn?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
156 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patong

If you are really wanting peace then to be honest La Flora would be out of the question as it is right on beach road and thus will get a lot of bar crowd noise. I used to live in Phuket for two years up to 2009. When i go back to visit or on business i always stay at Sawaddi Patong Resort for the reasons you have stated...it is close enough to the life and malls etc to be convenient but tucked away in a quiet side street so you can actually get undisturbed sleep. Interesting to see also since my last trip they continue to shoot up the rankings and are now around 15th best on TripAdvisor for all Patong Hotels. Give them a thought as the service and quality there is in my opinion about as good as it gets. They have a great Facebook page also.

2. Re: Patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 14:17
San Francisco
Level Contributor
564 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Patong

The majority of the action happens up and down Bangla Road, a one block street smack dab in the middle of Patong, and closed off at night to auto traffic. Bangla Road becomes a "walking street, where people just walk up and down, watching all the action in and out of the bars, and checking and each other out.. It's a fun street for people watching.. Bangla Road runs perpendicular to Beach Road. You can get an idea of Bangla Road by checking Youtube, and typing, "Bangla Road Patong, thailand". There are lots and lots of Youtube videos out there on Bangla Road and Patong...

There are no hotels lined along Bangla Road. and most of the hotels along Beach Road are far away enough from all the noise and hassle.. Bangla Road itself has no hotels along the street, all bars, shops and a few restaurants..

Cheers.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Patong

Out of those hotels, I would definately choose La Flora, beautiful hotel in a good location & beachfront. Patong is really not that crazy, only one street at night which is easy to avoid.

Cathy

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
378 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Patong

Not really crazy, Alot of people forcing you to buy pointless rubbish

Dunedin, Otago, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Patong

We regularly visit Patong and enjoy the bustle but if you want really peaceful accommodation that is away from all the noise but sill only a very short dsitance from everything then I would recommend that you look at the Duangjitt Resort & Spa it has 3 pools and is set right back off the road at the south end of Patong Beach

Edited: 12 January 2013, 10:12
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,810 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Patong

I don't think you can compare Patong with either Las Vegas or a college Frat row but not excatly sure what that is! Patong is unique and is very much a "full on" resort. It really depends what you are looking for in your time there as to which hotel or indeed whether Patong is for you at all..

8. Re: Patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 06:17