We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any transportation available in phuket while songkran?

surabaya
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
any transportation available in phuket while songkran?

hi all... i have plan to go to Thailand in april. i'll be in bangkok first, then move to phuket in april the 11th. i planned to go to penang in april 14th. will there any transportation available in phuket to go to penang?

thanks...

=)

mita

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any transportation available in phuket while songkran?

Hi, yes rhere will be transportation but songkran is a public holiday the main day being the 13th. so to travel around will be hampered by street revellers on the actual day. Allow extra time and be prepared to get wet if walking the streets, all in good fun mind you! Should be ok to get to airport on 14th. Sue

Edited: 05 January 2013, 01:32
surabaya
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any transportation available in phuket while songkran?

thanks Sue! by the way, i'm not going to the airport, because i will go to penang by bus. is it available too?

i will go to penang in 14th. want to enjoy the first day of songkran and get wet. so excited!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any transportation available in phuket while songkran?

Yes, all buses will run, even stronger, many more buses than usual will run because it will be very, very busy with bus and plane travelers. Make sure to book your transport in advance that time of year.

surabaya
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any transportation available in phuket while songkran?

thank you so much for the information

=)

5. Re: any transportation available in phuket while songkran?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 04:17