We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

elephant trekking

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
elephant trekking

we are coming to phuket in september and my wife wonts to do elephant trekking...it seems there are some bad places to go ..mistreating of animals ect...is there any good ones in phuket??

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,184 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: elephant trekking

I can recommend Kok Chang Safari, www.kokchangsafari.com/

We had a lovely trek and it was definitely worth the price we paid for it!! We also got to pat and feed the elephants bananas... good memories!!

20, 30 and 50 minutes treks are available. Complimentary pick up is included. Pick up from Patong, Phuket etc is extra. See here: kokchangsafari.com/elephant_trekking_phuket_…

Edited: 06 January 2013, 07:53
uk
Level Contributor
98 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: elephant trekking

We went with Island Safari. You can book an excursion with them from every agent you see, there are loads of excursion agents shops everywhere. Look through their brochure, pick a package that you like , then be sure to haggle on the price. Don't ever pay the price printed on the brochure. I

If the agent won't budge, then smile and leave and try another agent. You will get a good price and you will have a fantastic time. We have done Island Safari many times and loed it every single time and the animals are all clearly well treated and are all clearly enjoying themselves...you'll see.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: elephant trekking

Check out elephant training on Youtube and then consider if you would like to ride an elephant....

Remember,only baby elephants can be trained to be submissive....Definitely put a lump in my throat and maybe shed a tear for these wonderful animals....

4. Re: elephant trekking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 06:17