We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR - Final Part

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
576 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
JBR - Final Part

This is the final part of my JBR. The earlier parts were “Do it Yourself Phi Phi in a Day” and “Gibbons – No photos”. I also did a report on the abomination which was the Sydictive Element Dance Party at New Year.

This was our fourth trip to Phuket. The first was almost by accident when we were dropped off in Phuket for a day on a cruise from Singapore. Since then we have returned each year at New Year because this is the only time we can grab annual holidays and because Phuket is such an electric, happy place at that time.

Because we had first-timer friends with us, we went to some favourites. We went to Big Buddha and Wat Chalong where we let off some firecrackers in the kiln to bring good luck. It seemed to work as our trip went like clockwork with the exception only of the Sydictive Element Dance Party which caused us to move from our apartment for 2 nights to a quieter part of town so that we could get some sleep.

We also went with John Gray’s for a day where three cooks worked hard all day while we canooed and swum around and admired the scenery, to produce the most delicious lunch and dinner. We hired a car and driver for a day and went to the Monkey Temple where we also saw the huge reclining Buddha, Gibbon Rehabilitation Centre, Phuket Town, the Portuguese houses, the weekend market. We also went to Mom Tri’s for dinner – superb food, service, views and atmosphere and value for money.

We spent Christmas day taking the Andaman Wavemaster to Phi Phi, then hiring a longtail boat and going up to Laemtong Beach for Christmas lunch at Jasmin Restaurant. I wrote separately about this under “Do It Yourself Phi Phi in a Day”. The best day “ever”.

Now that Table Tennis is an Olympic Sport it seems the Thai people are getting right behind it judging by the number of small placards in Bangla Road promoting “Ping Pong”. My poor night vision did not allow me to read the small print on the placards – nor did my partner.

We are now back at home waiting to see which one of us will be the first of us to say “Lets go back again next year.” I will probably be the first to break - I can’t wait much longer.

Phuket Tragic

Darkan, Australia
Level Contributor
655 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR - Final Part

Thank you for all your reports they have been great.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,390 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR - Final Part

Yes, terrific stuff PT. I agree that the John Gray tour is an absolute highlight.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences, I've really enjoyed reading them.

Cheers.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,901 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR - Final Part

Really enjoyed all of your reports PT, thanks for sharing, well have you broken yet, checked any flights lol.

Cathy

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
576 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR - Final Part

Wavering, Cathy.

It might not be long.

Tragic

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,973 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR - Final Part

Glad to hear that you had a great trip PT. Also liked reading your JBR and Gibbon threads.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JBR - Final Part

Glad you had a lovely trip, thanks for sharing your JBR's

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JBR - Final Part

Thank you for the wealth of information you have provided and an insightful look into the gibbon situation.

Sound like you had a wonderful holiday, good luck with planning the next :)

Cheers

Debby

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
576 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JBR - Final Part

Thank you everyone for your kind comments.

Trying to drift back into realty/work for a while. It's hard and cruel but at least the memories of last year and the prospects for this year should keep us going.

Tragic

9. Re: JBR - Final Part

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 05:18