We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 hour wait in Phuket airport????

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
4 hour wait in Phuket airport????

Hi everyone

On our return home, we fly into Phuket from Koh Samui at 12.25 and our flights home don't leave until Phuket airport until 14.25. This leaves us with 4 hours to kill.

Should we store our luggage & find something to do for a few hours (& if so, what IS there to see/do close to the airport) or just hang around the airport (sounds boring, lol).

Grateful for any info/ideas/suggestions

Many thanks

Debby

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 hour wait in Phuket airport????

The water park is pretty close to the airport

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 hour wait in Phuket airport????

Hi MicknOlga

Thanks for your suggestion.

I should have mentioned that we are 2 adults, not sure about my partner but I feel just a little bit old to be playing on water slides hahahaha.

Cheers

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 hour wait in Phuket airport????

You should check your maths. If you have times wrong and it is 4 hours, you could walk to the beach.

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 hour wait in Phuket airport????

Oops, I mean 16.25 departure, lol

Never was any good at maths :)

Thanks Brio, will research the beach.

Cheers

Edited: 14 January 2013, 00:58
Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 hour wait in Phuket airport????

No worries, look on Google Earth...just follow the Meter taxi exit road, and turn right when you get to the end of it. I always thought standing under the flight path of the incoming aircraft on the beach would make good Kodak moments. The wind would have to be right though.

6. Re: 4 hour wait in Phuket airport????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 05:17