We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi fare airport to karon beach

Keighley, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
taxi fare airport to karon beach

could anyone tell me the 2013 price of an airport taxi (red / yellow) from phuket airport to karon beach.

thanks harry

Chiang Klang...
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi fare airport to karon beach

Around 800 baht.

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
13,016 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi fare airport to karon beach

I paid 8 months ago 540 baht.

Edited: 26 January 2013, 15:10
Keighley, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi fare airport to karon beach

thank you for the appreciated info from RUBARABBIT and YCEMANN, we`re leaving tomorrow for phuket via abu dhabi, I will post some info when I return

many thanks.

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
13,016 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi fare airport to karon beach

Have a nice flight. Thanks for keeping us informed, it's always interesting to know the latest facts.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi fare airport to karon beach

Hey Harry

We arrived 10 days ago and there are loads of taxi touts outside the airport quoting 1200 baht to Katon. Ignore them and go straight tk the red/ yellow taxi queue which is directly right outside the airport doors. Have some patience and we got a taxi in about 25 minutes, the guy asks where you are going , told us 600 baht and gave us a slip of paper with a taxi

Number on.the guy pulled up took our slip, took

us to our hotel in Karon for 600 !

Just don't give in to the touts

Keighley, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi fare airport to karon beach

hi there,

thanks algo60 for that info, unfortunately I left on the 28 feb and just arrived back today 12/02/2013 as promised here is the info I managed to get while I was there; arrive at phuket airport arrivals hall go past all the taxi touts as you head for the exit,walk out the doors and turn right keep walking and you come to the taxi booth red & yellow taxis some are blue and yellow confirm the price to which part of phuket you are going including airport surcharge (100baht) get your slip of paper from controller in booth and your taxi comes to you. same as algo60 we paid 600 in total and it took about 1 hr to get to karon beach. at karon beach the tuk tuk drivers are set in thier prices which I thought was way too high so I avoided using them, instead use the local buses, ok they are slow but very cheap.sun loungers at karon beach 200 baht per day for two with a parasol, breakfast at the little mermaid 0630 to 1000 185baht per person (buffet) good value. exchange rate was 46 to 46.5 to the £ sterling fluctuates day to day, thai green curry lovers try the one man restaurant same side as mermaid up the road to slight l/hand bend in road also has large bottles singa beer 90 baht most other places sell it at 120 one other small thing on taxis you can share a mini bus from the airport 250 per person if you are arriving through the day I got one back to the airport but they dont seem to run much later than 1730 from karon beach. Hope this info will be of use to anyone going in the near future Harry

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi fare airport to karon beach

Arrived at airport just before midnight on march 25th. Went directly to taxi booth and although the lights were on and someone was in there, a sign saying closed was on the counter and the guy in there was not interested in talking. There were a lot of cabs around and guys that were looking for fares all started at 1000 baht to karon. Based on this forum I tried pretty hard to negotiate to 600 but didnt have much luck. After about 10 minutes settled for 800 to Karon. Perhaps could of held out a little longer but it was late, wife was tired and there were a couple more flights coming in behind us.

Morpeth, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi fare airport to karon beach

Going to Karon beach from Phuket airport in October. I'm travelling alone. Anyone been more recently than March? How much did you pay? I'm going through a travel agent for the hotel and they are quoting me $38.00 each way (1092 Baht). I think I can do better than that.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,335 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi fare airport to karon beach

You can always get a shared minibus, costs 200bt from the airport to Karon. I last got it in May 2013.

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi fare airport to karon beach

I'm in Karon now, i took the shared minibus, booked from inside the airport and as someone else mentioned , it was 200 baht. Efficient service and took about 1.5 hrs but had a lot of traffic. I would definitely use the minibus again. I came across this thread as I am trying to find a cheaper alternative to get back to the airport for 6.30am next week! The hotel is quoting 1200 baht! I've found a company called phuket shuttle who offer hotel - airport for 800 baht so will give that a go unless anyone else has any alternative suggestions? It's the fact I need to be at the airport for 6.40 am at the latest which makes it harder!

Edited: 12 August 2013, 06:45