We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a driver for a day trip - Recommendations?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hiring a driver for a day trip - Recommendations?

Hello,

We are heading to Phuket next month and are interested in hiring a driver for a day trip.

Can anyone recommend a driver they have recently used, how much it cost and their contact details if you have them?

Thankyou!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,338 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a driver for a day trip - Recommendations?

Hi Kelly have a look under FAQ's on the right of the page, you will find a list of drivers that have been recommend by forum members.

Personally have used Daj, and Panya, both very good

Michelle

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a driver for a day trip - Recommendations?

If there is only a few of you, Tuk would be my choice, she has excellent English, very careful driver, and owns a new Altis. She is South Thai as well, so very knowledgeable about the Island.

Message me for her contact details.

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a driver for a day trip - Recommendations?

The driver we have used on every occasion is pong speaks great English and has a clean comfortable car and mini van if required

Polite and punctual

His airport rate is 700bht and approximately 1000baht for day tour depending on how many people

Tell him Eddie from Australia sent u and he'll give a better rate

His number is +668-1538-3431 from outside Thailand call or text he is prompt

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiring a driver for a day trip - Recommendations?

Our favourite driver is our very good friend John - his email address is:

john_potchakit@hotmail.com

Very friendly, safe driver, clean and comfortable van that will seat at least 9, can't remember prices but very reasonable.

Tell him Bec & Drac recommend him :)

Castle Hill, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiring a driver for a day trip - Recommendations?

Adriana and I had the best day in Phuket, based at the Merlin Beach resort. From comments on Trip Advisor we selected the most friendly and caring tour guide for private hire you could ask for....very prompt in communication via email, and really does value his customers.

A relaxed day with shooting, elephant ride, lovely lunch, as well as the Big Budda and Temple as well as quality information

Panya Kamman and his family run a great business. We will use his great services again, and we got the tip from others using Trip Advisor.

PANYA KAMMAN <panyak2009@live.com>

www.ppkktoursservice.com

TAT license No. 34/00836

Thailand
Level Contributor
34 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hiring a driver for a day trip - Recommendations?

Hey you can check out Mr. Soup taxi. He drives a van so ample space, but charges the same as a private car for a day trip.

He's also licensed so that means proper insurance versus what other drivers are these days. Anyone can be a taxi driver in Phuket apparently and it's only after the fact that people find out how important insurance is, so I'd rather go for a licensed driver like Mr. Soup.

No offence to the others recommended here but just to doubly make sure your taxi is legit. Even taxis with stickers at their sides are just registered the "local" way, not necessary that they have done the proper licensing and insurance.

Anyway a day trip around Phuket is about THB 1500 - 2000 depending on where you want to go. Mr Soup does pretty good recommendations.

Can email him at supachaipatnui@yahoo.com or check out his facebook page at www.facebook.com/Mr.Soup.Taxi

New Zealand
Level Contributor
272 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hiring a driver for a day trip - Recommendations?

well, after 19 visits to Thailand we finally found Chai who is the best ever driver and tour guide - we will be using him again this year for sure...such a nice friendly guy and speaks good English - will put together a package to suit - very cheap for airport transfers. email him at this address for prices

Email:

mycheapphukettours@gmail.com

www.phuketsrctravel.comLicense 330/5116See Chai YouTube :http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iIKxeDHLC4k

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,375 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hiring a driver for a day trip - Recommendations?

Another vote for Panya.

Tommo

Aussie missing...
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hiring a driver for a day trip - Recommendations?

Hi Kelly, I can suggest Mr Chai. He has a near new SVU and he speaks great English. My husband and I travel to Phuket quite regular and we always use Chai. He does airport transfers and any type of day tour you wish. He can organise island tours, cooking tours or just a nice drive around Phuket. His rates are very reasonable and I would highly recommend him. You can contact him at www.phuketscrtravel.com of through Facebook. I hope this has been helpful. If you go with Chai just tell him Lee-Ann recommended him and he will know.

Have an awesome time.

10. Re: Hiring a driver for a day trip - Recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 05:15