We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet resort , family friendly

Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet resort , family friendly

I am flying to Phuket in April, with my husband and 6 year old daughter. We will have 6 days and would like to stay somewhere walking distance to the beach.

We would like a quiet beach resort, ideally no sunbeds and definitely no jet skis! Somewhere with a few bars and restaurants.

We are happy to hire a car and drive up to 2 hours from the airport.

Also if anyone can recommend and specific accommodation, near the beach, ideally 2 bed suites/apartments, that would be great.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet resort , family friendly

No sunbeds and no jetskis...!!..??...Give Patong a big miss...!!....

Drive 2 hours from airport....!!...??....Khao Lak....!!

Khao Lak is 1 1/2 hours drive north from Phuket airport.......

Khao Lak is quiet but not too quiet as there is plenty to do and see.....

There are many varied accomodations in Khao Lak.....I can recommend Nang Thong Bay Resort 1 in Bang La On @ 1500 baht per night in a beach bungalow.....Comfortable,clean and a great pool including kiddies pool....

Or perhaps really quiet area @ Pakarang @ The Palm Galleria Resort.....Great pool,2 minutes walk to deserted beach and lovely staff.....

Accomodation also depends on your budget.....!!...??.....

No sunbeds or jetskis in Khao Lak...!!

Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet resort , family friendly

with cocotang on this one khao lak will meet your criteria.

have a look on the khao lak forum for accomodation that might suit your budget and have a browse of the faq`s on the right hand side of the page on that forum and then post any questions you might have.

Level Contributor
39,640 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet resort , family friendly

I agree, it sounds like Khao Lak would suit you better than Phuket.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet resort , family friendly

How about Nai Thon beach. Only 15 minutes from the airport. Some sunbeds but no jet skis.

Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet resort , family friendly

Thanks for the advice! Going to look to finally get something booked!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
41 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiet resort , family friendly

Hi there,

Have you been to Naithon beach recently? I am struggling between there and Surin beach. I am travelling with husband and 2 young children. We like somewhere quietist but with restarurants nearby. First time in Phuket, thought we would give it a go. We have enjoyed Koh Samui north coast, Bophput area. Looking for something similar.

7. Re: Quiet resort , family friendly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 05:15