We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dentist - a personal experiance of how to be toterant!!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,749 posts
325 reviews
Save Topic
Dentist - a personal experiance of how to be toterant!!

Dear all!

Last nigh the chaps decided they wanted to make a night of it so Mr Mitch and 2 similar aged chums had a 'boys night pass to Bangla'. Sending me packing on the back of a taxibike. Mr Mitch rocks back at 4:30am - welcome home I say as I rush to his aid to help him in NOT! Yep, Mrs Mitch not a happy travelling person!!

After 4 hours sleep we get up for dentist appointment, as it would be a bit of a walk from the hotel to Sea Smile Clinic we got a taxibike (yes a delicate Mr Mitch and me on the back of bike for 100thb)

We get to the clinic to find they have no water and have made appointment for us at their partner clinics, only trouble is one of is at one, and the other is in the other direction another.

So off we trek.

I’m taken to Studio Smile [opposite JungCeylon], very nice people but I get an xray and then had my teeth cleaned to be told they don’t have time to do what I booked for, teeth whitening and I could come back tonight or tomorrow. I was gutted, totally threw Mrs I know what I want, and I needed to speak to Mr Mitch for some clarity. I tried to ring Mr Mitch, ‘no speak’ I was told, it’s urgent I say, ‘no speak’ was repeated, ‘it’s really urgent’ I insist . . . ‘harow’ says a muffled Mr Mitch, I repeat my problem, ‘ererere erer erer’, what? ‘er erer er erer erer erer, er er!’, oh you want me to come to where you are?, ‘er!’.

If you were in Studio Smile today and saw the sad looking short lady with the large mermaid tattoo on her calf on the phone, that was me:((((.

So off I trot, via the first clinic [Sea Smile] with no water [who can’t be blamed for having no water] to tell them. I sat and waited for Mr Mitch, and his gleaming white teeth. The new clinic [Patong Smile] can whiten my teeth at 2pm, sorry I have another appointment I say, we can do 4pm, sorry I have another appointment that will go on past 4 I say . . . so we finally agreed on tomorrow at 6pm.

Walk back to the hotel via Ocean plaza on the beach road, and Cloud 9 massage.

Mr Mitches teeth look stunningly white (he likes red wine, coffee and smokes) by the way, albeit a tad sensitive this afternoon so he is sleeping it of . . . . well that is what he tells me!!!

Hope my pedicure and eyelashes are not the same problem this afternoon!!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,909 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dentist - a personal experiance of how to be toterant!!

LOL - sounds like you are having a whale of a time TravellingMitch! see you soon :-)

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dentist - a personal experiance of how to be toterant!!

Hahahaha fantastic, your off to a good start, keep the stories coming & happy (mis)adventures.

Have a drink for me with Mr & Mrs Ring0:)

Cathy

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,322 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dentist - a personal experiance of how to be toterant!!

Way to go the Mitches lol. Cant wait for part 2 of this story lol

I am with Cathy have a drink for me to with Mr & Mrs Ring0 was well, so thats a few you can have

Mich

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,749 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dentist - a personal experiance of how to be toterant!!

Mr Mitch is on restricted fluids for a day or too LOL!!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,749 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dentist - a personal experiance of how to be toterant!!

so that he can have a couple with Mr & Mrs Ring0!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dentist - a personal experiance of how to be toterant!!

Great read Mr and Mrs Mitch. Only in Thailand hahahahaha, can't wait to hear how round 2 goes lol!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dentist - a personal experiance of how to be toterant!!

What a fabulous read I'm so glad you're back in Thailand and looking forward to the updates.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dentist - a personal experiance of how to be toterant!!

Hahahahaha,

what a great read :), it sounds like Mr Mitch may have "struggled" a little lol, have a great time & keep the updates comming :)

TX

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,749 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dentist - a personal experiance of how to be toterant!!

Thanks guys . . .

Well finally had my teeth whitened today, and it was a pretty good experiance. Feel asleep, much to amusement of the dentist as a woke myself up snoring!!

Good results!!

Still looking like a devil woman!

Edited: 18 February 2013, 12:03
South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dentist - a personal experiance of how to be toterant!!

Hey TM, so it didnt hurt, I have always been to scared to have it done as heard a few people say how much it hurt:(

Cathy