We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booster Vaccinations in Phuket

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Booster Vaccinations in Phuket

Hi everyone,

Myself and my boyfriend left the UK in April 2012, freshly stabbed with every vaccination we needed before starting our Asian adventure! We have been in Australia for 5 months now and are about to head back into Asia for a second tour. All of our vaccines are still in good working order but we want to get boosters for Hep A and Hep B so that they last for 10 years instead of 3 (to get our moneys worth!). We looked into getting the boosters in Australia but laughed off this idea after being quoted $230...I think not! So we have decided to get them done when we arrive in Phuket, our first destination in Asia. We want to see a doctor to get our vaccines and also to get a prescription for our anti-malarial medication, as we will need this elsewhere in Asia). I contacted the 'Phuket Hospital', which is part of the Bangkok Hospital Medical Centre, and they quoted 4,200THB (about $136 AUD) for 2 x Hep A and 2 x Hep B vaccines excluding hospital fee (150THB/visit) and doctor fee of around 1,000THB...so around 5350 THB ($173 AUD) total (anti-malarials will be extra). I have seen some bits and bobs online that suggest these boosters can be done for a lot less than the above quote but I need some help! Does anyone have any experience with this? A reliable hospital in Phuket that you would recommend? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

PS we haven't booked our accommodation yet so can be flexible with this for doctor location.

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
963 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booster Vaccinations in Phuket

YOu picked the most expensive hospital.

Try either Mission or Phuket International (if they'll give you a quote online???)

But, possibly (and I don't know whether this can be done or not), you can get this done at a clinic.

There are many in Phuket.

Dr. Chusak has 2 or 3 I believe.

I use Dr. Titi near Chalong circle.

If these guys do it, it'll be cheap.

Good luck, I remember getting mine years ago at a Canadian clinic in Kathmandu back in my backpacking days and it was 1/4 the cost of the states.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booster Vaccinations in Phuket

Many thanks, I shall investigate!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booster Vaccinations in Phuket

Hi there, yes go to the Phuket International Hospital. I would email ahead for prices. They gave me a direct quote for vaccinations. There is a doctors fee and registration fee . The doctors fee is 1000 bht and the reg fee only 200 baht 1 time fee.

The Twinrix (hep a and b ) is similar to prices here in Cananada at 1575 baht. But the Japanese encephalitis is only 750 bht each (need 2) Nd the rabies Verorab is only 620 baht each (need three). In Canada, JE is $250 each and same for rabies, so it's worth getting in Phuket if you have the time.

What I am not sure about is if u have to pay the drs fee each time u go? If u find out, let us know.

Anyway, the email is : info@phuketinternationalhospital.com

They are good at getting back to you.

4. Re: Booster Vaccinations in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 06:17