We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap and convenient way from airport to the hotel

Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap and convenient way from airport to the hotel

Hey guys,

Would you tell me the cheapest and most convenient way to get from the airport to Kamala?

It has been a while since my last visit to Phuket so my information will be probably outdated.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Kamala
Kamala
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
1. Re: Cheap and convenient way from airport to the hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2013, 12:02
Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,961 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap and convenient way from airport to the hotel

You mention 2 things in your post that don't go together: 'cheap' and 'convenient'.

Most convenient way would be a taxi, cheapest of the taxi options the meter taxi. Cheapest option would be a shared minivan.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,961 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap and convenient way from airport to the hotel

"the fare is approximately 800 baht."

That is a bit overpriced, both the mater taxi and limousine services will be cheaper, to Kamala more like 500 and 600 Baht.

Mentioned in this post
Kamala
Kamala
Phuket, Thailand
australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap and convenient way from airport to the hotel

Any option us cheap 500- 1000 baht

Is not a lot of money especially where I come from as the same trip would cost 3000 baht plus

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap and convenient way from airport to the hotel

ill wager the new bus service will be doomed the mafia will never let it happen imo

Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap and convenient way from airport to the hotel

Hey guys, thank you for your info. Does anybody of you know a reliable, yet moderately priced private taxi company?

Australia
Level Contributor
180 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap and convenient way from airport to the hotel

You don't really need to book a taxi as there'll be thousands of them at the airport!

Another option is to talk to your hotel as they may be able to offer a transfer. Now I'll admit that this isn't always the very cheapest way, but if you have a long flight and don't want to be bothered with the taxi sharks at the airport, then it is an option.

Returning to the airport is easier as you can grab a taxi or a tuk tuk anywhere and barter.

8. Re: Cheap and convenient way from airport to the hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 06:15