We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phi Phi hotels for brief stay

Cardiff
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Phi Phi hotels for brief stay

We are in Phuket next week for two weeks and want to stay on Phi Phi for a night and were looking for a hotel to stay at, I've had a price of £140, which is roughly $260 for the outrigger hotel for a night, it compares quite well price wise to other hotels that rank around it, I was wondering if I should take this hotel, or if we should shop around for a different hotel and if anybody had any suggestions, we don't need luxury, it's only one night so we just need somewhere nice and clean to get our heads down for the night.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
808 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phi Phi hotels for brief stay

The Outrigger is quote a way from the part of Phi Phi where you get off the boat when you get there, you have to take a longtail boat to get to it and back from it and if you are only there for one night why not stay closer to Tonsai where the boat comes in.

There are heaps of hotels to choose from have a look on www.sawadee.com for the Phi Phi hotels - some are Phi Phi Cabana Hotel, Bayview Hotel where we stayed last year and even though the villas are on a hill, the views are wonderful and the hotel was fine, should be about $150(AUD) per night maybe a bit more as it is still high season. Lots more to choose from. Phi Phi is lovely.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phi Phi hotels for brief stay

Holiday Inn Resort and Zeavola on Laem Tong Beach might suit?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Phi Phi hotels for brief stay

Holiday Inn at Phi Phi Don is sound good,not to luxury but get good standard there.Take a look as hotel website

http://www.phiphi.holidayinn.com/

or see the review from people stayed and compare the rate here for get good rate

hoteltrip.com/hotel/10030014-11288902R.html

orbitz.com/hotel/…

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phi Phi hotels for brief stay

Hi Outriggar is a beautiful hotel, with a small village behind it with a good choice of 'restaurants' and bars. You can also book snorkelling trips from the village. Because you have so little time, you could also arrange a hotel transfer from Phuket on the Outriggar's speedboat. A little pricey, but by far the quickest way to get to the hotel (it should get you to the hotel by mid day). But, for only one night, I'm not sure whether it would be worth all the hassle?

You could probably get the ferry to Tonsai and find a room when you arrive - there's a lot of choice! Personally, I'm not that keen on Tonsai - it was absolutely rammed when we were there, and all of the harbour restaurants were fully booked for Japanese tour groups, coming in for day trips. Probably better at night though. Whereas we loved the tranquility of Outriggar, and the village behind it.

Mags

5. Re: Phi Phi hotels for brief stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2014, 06:16