We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
weather

taking my daughter and 7 year old granddaughter to phuket from 8th -25th october

please advise if the weather will be alright

can you advise me if the rain will be really heavy and if we will get any sunshine

hoping to do a few tours to the tiger temples and bangkok, will the weather be ok to do various activities

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

It is impossible to predict the weather for your trip in October. That is the wet season , and the seas can be rough at that time . You will probably get some wet days ,and some not so bad.

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
175 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

It is the tail end of the wet season so it can be very unpredictable. You will get some sun though.

Bangkok is a long way to go for a day tour though, so if you're heading there you'll need more time.

Please rethink the tiger temple tour though!

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,927 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

Impossible to predict the weather but hopefully it will be like the weather we had last October, it was perfect just like high season. But who knows, anyway it would be unusual to rain non stop every day:)

Cathy

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

Hi

is it safe to take my daughter and 7 year old granddaughter to bangkok

we keep hearing different things, some advise not safe for young children, and single laldies

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
792 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

we had perfect weather last October (actually it rained more during our trip last week!), but very hard to predict. Some Octobers have had very heavy rain, some not much at all. It is still nice and warm and there'll beplenty of things to keep you busy even if it does rain.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

If you have a look over to the right of the page there is a section on FAQ'S and one is on the weather, tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-s208/Thailand…

Honestly are these serious questions or are you just trying to make fun of us here. That question is like asking what will the weather be like on Xmas day 2020 and Bangkok is almost 900 Klms from Phuket.

If your questions are legitimate then i apologise and yes Bangkok is as safe as any city and you should do some research before you go there. You just need to be mindful of your own personal safety like in any other city but as said Bangkok is not a day trip from Phuket.

Cheers, Pete.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

Ask yourself....Will it rain in October 2013 in your own hometown....??...A good chance it might...!!...??....Will it be heavy or soft....??....

As a wise buddhist priest once told me..."If it happen - it is meant to be...!!."

By the way,what ARE your thoughts of it raining on Christmas day in Phuket in 2020 Pete....??....Hahahaaa...!!.....Let alone next week....!!...

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather

Ha Ha cocotang, i hope its not next week as we will be there.

Cheers, Pete

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather

Hi Ellen M......not sure about the weather but in regards to bangkok....I have been twice. Once when I was 20/21 and oince when I was 24. It was great both times I went, great shopping, some good tours great markets and restaurants. No problems at all when I went and the 2nd time was myself and a girlfriend. Having said that though, I would not take my kids. Not so much the safety etc but the busy side of things. It is very full on.....busy streets, busy markets etc and probably not the place a 7 year old would want to be. It is a major city and I know my kids would not want to be dragged around the busy markets etc but much prefer to hang at the beach! Some great hotels with great restaurants and pools etc but a tiring citing in terms of you can spend all day exploring and for a 7 year old it may get too much.

10. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 05:18