We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private speedboat share

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Private speedboat share

Hi,

I am going with my husband to Thailand from 10 April 2013 to 20 April 2013.

Thinking of maybe sharing a private speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi.

Phi Phi & Khai Islands

1-10 Persons: 22000 THB approx. price

Would someone be interested? We could set up our own itinerary etc and do as we please.

Let me know :)

Thanks,

K

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private speedboat share

Hi Kristine,

Just make sure you use a reputable company for the trip, there are many horror stories about companies that do these tours cheaply, poor insurance, not enough life jackets, still going when its to rough, crashing into waves. 22000Baht seems very cheap for a speed boat hire so just be careful who you choose.

Cheers, Pete

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,445 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private speedboat share

Hi Kristine, Mark here Phuket Sail Tours.

As Peter says, 22,000 baht is quite a good price. But if it is a maximum of 10 people, it may be a single engined boat. These are not generally considered big enough for a safe trip from Phuket to Phi Phi. A 2 engine boat is considered big enough.

To compare prices, you also need to consider the cost of transfers, national park fees, guide, snorkeling equipment, lunch, drinks and snacks. Maybe insurance also.

Be careful setting up your own itinerary, unless you know better than the operators, there is a chance you may make a tour worse, not better. In my opinion Kho Kai Nok Island is best avoided, totally over run and destroyed by tourism. I won't go there even if people pay me. Seriously.

If you want to see Maya Bay, get there by 9am, or go between 12 midday and 1pm. Otherwise very late in the day. Other times it is packed solid.

My advice is that there is probably not much point having a private charter, and then adding on people you don't know who may have different likes, dislikes, temperament and worst of all may stand you up on the day and leave you with the bill. Better to find a reputable company that has a program that suits you, and the standard of service that you want, and go with them. Takes the guesswork and gamble out of it.

And, btw, I am not touting for business as the time of year you are coming is very busy, and I expect we will probably be booked out days in advance.

Have a great holiday,

Mark.

3. Re: Private speedboat share

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 05:15