We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 day weather forecast

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
14 day weather forecast

Hi all

Just been checking weather forecast for Karon beach from 3rd April,doesnt look too promising from what ive seen on the websites,heavy rain and cloud forecast on these sites,can anyone tell me if they have seen the local weather forecast for the 2 weeks from 3rd april as thats when we arrive in Karon

thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Karon Beach
Karon Beach
5,773 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Karon
Karon
Phuket, Thailand
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 14 day weather forecast

This is one of the most asked questions. Tropical forecasts almost always predict thunderstorms in the forecast . Believe me you will be praying for a spot of rain. Take a lot of sun screen because it is going to be VERY hot. You might get a shower or two .But don't worry,there will be lots of sun.

oldham, manchester
Level Contributor
179 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 14 day weather forecast

Have you checked the forcast in more detail?? I arrive tomorrow and was disappointed with the weather forcast but if you look into it its maybe only a few showers. I think in thailand they expect rain most days :)

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 14 day weather forecast

I am arriving to Karon next week and have been assured the weather always looks bad on the forecast... The last thing I want is to go somewhere with worse weather than the UK :)

Mentioned in this post
Karon
Karon
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,035 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 14 day weather forecast

Now come on! The worst weather on Phulet is never, repeat never, as bad as the BEST weather in the UK!!!

The first quarter of this year has been the driest for 10 years. And it is about 3-5c hotter than normal. In Khao Lak yesterday at the beach the air temperature was 35c (feel like temperature 45c) and the sea temperature was 34c. It is now 1am in the morning and according to my IPhone app it is still 29c!!!!

Yes we have had thunderstorms, thunder in cloudless blue skies but no rain!

But.....,.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 14 day weather forecast

Ha Ha very true... The odd shower will probably be a good thing as it will be very hot out there :)

Hope Phuket is as amazing as people say it is....

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
347 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 14 day weather forecast

Wow 34deg water temp!! Hard to imagine that. Will be there mid may. Will it be hotter by then or similar to now. Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,035 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 14 day weather forecast

It usually gets hotter but, like all over the world, it's not been usual this year!!!

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 14 day weather forecast

We are in Phuket now and I can tell you it's bloody hot!!!! Temp ranges between 36 and 39 degrees. Has been a little overcast but plenty of red lobsters sitting round the pool. No rain in the last 4 days.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,959 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 14 day weather forecast

A reliable forecast more than 2 days away does not exist;

When a forecast says: 70% thunderstorms that means: 70% chance there is somewhere on the island going to be a thunderstorm. Before and after the thunderstorm it will be sunny.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 14 day weather forecast

I have never checked a weather forecast for Thailand that doesn't predict rain that's because it's a tropical country so quick thunderstorms are predicted every day, don't worry about the weather it'll be fine and you'll have a great holiday.

Mentioned in this post