We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaccination

4 posts
Save Topic
Vaccination

Hi all!

Just wondering,we r going to Phuket on 23rd April for 11nights.The thing is that me in my boyfriend didn't get the vaccination.

Is it a big problem?Now it's too late,as it should be done 4-6 weeks before departure!

And one more question:Has anyone been in Seaview Patong Hotel?

Thanksss Jane :]

Mentioned in this post
Seaview Patong Hotel
Seaview Patong Hotel
1,779 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,143 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaccination

Depends which vaccinations, I always say that Typhoid, Hep A and B and Tetanus and the definite ones to get. Many people go every year and don't get sick, others do get sick - you really take your chances and hope you're not one of the ones that does get sick.

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
368 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaccination

Jane, I went last year and didn't took any vaccine, I kept telling myself that I would do it, but never manage to make to the doctor :(

I'm also flying from Sydney to Phuket on 23/04 :) and its the same history, I said I would go to the doctors but didn't manage to go. So I'm hoping for the best AGAIN!

Last time we stayed at Millenium (Patong) and Baray Villa Sawadee (Kata) we eat from Maccas, from local restaurantes and from the food court at Jungceylon.

This time I'm renting a villa so we will be buying fresh food and cooking some meals, and eat out for dinner.

I always drink bottled water, and stick to beer, cruisers, wine, etc avoiding the cocktails because I'm not sure about the ice (if the water was filtered or not...).

Good luck and have fun!

Mentioned in this post
The Baray Villa
The Baray Villa
494 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Jungceylon
Jungceylon
5,573 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Kata Beach
Kata Beach
Phuket, Thailand
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,143 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vaccination

The ice is fine:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k…

Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vaccination

I'm going to Phuket this Sunday from Sydney - i too wasn't going to get the vaccinations done but ended up getting the Typhoid and Hep A needles - i only got them done last wednesday and the doc said it was fine - it was 11 days out - he said it should kick in within a week

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
368 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vaccination

After reading this tread I decided to stop at the doctors (15 days to go...) and because I had a shot last year ( a combined shot of some sort) I'm covered fro 4 years ! So I just had the flu shot ! I'm ready to go :D

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vaccination

Hi Ezzymay,

Can you tell me how muchit was for the vaccinations.

Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,276 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vaccination

It's one combined jab for hep a and typhoid and it kicks in within one week. Get it. We are really careful but my son got hep a when he was 8 and it was terrible. Don't risk it.

Caroline.

Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vaccination

The combined Jab was $149 but if you get the two separate jabs (Heb A & Typhoid) It was $112 - cheaper but two separate needles. I had to get the two of them as they didn't have any of the combined ones left.

Depending on your private health insurance, you may be able to get some back. I was lucky enough to get a bit back.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vaccination

Hi there,

The first time we took our son (3 at the time) we made sure we ALL got our shots done (Hep A & B & Typhoid) something you can do is make sure cover up at ALL times with mozzie repellant this will reduce the chance's of getting bitten by the mozzies over there, IF your in a villa i would cover any floor drains with a towel or mat so mozzies don't enter your room as you sleep & possibly bite you & make sure you keep doors & windows shut at night, oh yeh the ice is perfectly fine as the water used to make it is filtered. safe travels

TX

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,143 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vaccination

Dengue Fever is a big problem in SE Asia, this means you should wear mozzie repellent both day and night as those mozzies bite throughout the day.