We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand in July, but where?

Stavanger
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thailand in July, but where?

We are Going to Thailand for 18 days in July, but can't decide where to go.

Will start in Koh Samui for the first 5-6 days, and stay the 3 latest days in Bangkok. The first plan was to go to Phuket after Samui, but There is so much negativity to read about phuket.

I guess Phuket has more than Patong to offer?

Mindarie, Australia
Level Contributor
956 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand in July, but where?

"but there is so much negativity to read about phuket" dont know why people always react to so few bad comments have a look at all the GOOD comments more of those than negative phuket patong is a tourist spot if you are after quiet then its not for you but if your after shopping and a huge selection of restaurant and nightlife then patong is GREAT this will be our 5th time and we love it there

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand in July, but where?

Hi Gunn,

Phuket has so much more to offer than Patong Beach, its a small part of Thailand. We love Patong beach warts and all, its vibrant, alive, hot sometimes smelly, fun, and a food lovers Paradise.

One small part of Patong Beach can is sleazy and that's Bangla Road, they close the street off at night and call it walking street, its alive with everything from Go Go dancers, bars, Lady Boys to Ping Pong shows. Its entertaining to walk the length, (about 1.5 KLM's) but a must see. For more info on Phuket itself.http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k3604352-Things_to_do_list-Phuket.html#25976726 tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293920-s407/Phuket:T…

Don't be put off by the negative posts about Phuket it truly is a wonderful place to visit with so much to see and do..

Cheers, Pete

Edited: 11 April 2013, 23:14
Mindarie, Australia
Level Contributor
956 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand in July, but where?

Totally agree with you pete. People only seems to see the negative posts and NOT all the GOOD ones

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thailand in July, but where?

Hi Gunn

My response will be pretty much the same as "most" people on here, Patong is great, YES it has small problems BUT doesnt nearly every city/town in the world? Phuket has Many places to stay so IF your not interested in lots of shopping, lots of nightlife & plenty of hustle & bustle then Patong is not for you, quieter places to stay are Karon & Kamala both are great places to stay both have amazing beaches &both have great people living there, remember "dont judge a book by its cover" & never beleive everything negative you read.

Just my 2 cents worth, i am a HUGE fan of Patong, Karon, Kamala & Thailand.

TX

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thailand in July, but where?

In July you can mix Koh Samui with nearby Koh Tao ( recently Tripadvisor litsed as Best Island in Asia and 8th best in the world ), Koh Nang Yuan etc, Thailand has lots of islands, beaches, inland locations with something to suit everyone, in July the Guld Islands plus plaes like Hua Hin on the Sunsrise Coast and other areas along the coast plus the Pattaya / Chonburi area + Koh Samet all have pretty good weather.

All depends what you are looking for, Phuket appeals to many, just depends the sort of place you are wanting to stay

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thailand in July, but where?

Why don't you do Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai and Koh Samui, we like Phuket but it's the rainy season in July and the beaches might be red flagged so I would stick to the Gulf coast as monica sayas you could also spend a few days in Phangan if you don't want to spend too long in Samui, easier to get to than Phuket.

Phuket, Thailand
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Thailand in July, but where?

Phuket has some lovely areas but some pretty nasty areas as well. There is a lot of bad press about Phuket, but it is such a big island and lots or people and I don't think it is any more problematic than anywhere else in Thailand.

It all depends on what you are looking for, but personally I would avoid Patong. It's busy, dirty, and not pretty. Try Nai Harn beach in the south of Phuket, it's much smaller and very pretty.

Also, if you do go to Phuket, I would recommend visiting Phuket Games Zone (www.phuketgameszone.com). They've got Football Golf and Frisbee Golf, which I thought were both really good fun.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,270 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thailand in July, but where?

Koh Samui , Koh Tao and Bangkok.

You are better sticking to the East Coast (Gulf Coast) in July.

9. Re: Thailand in July, but where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 14:09
10. Re: Thailand in July, but where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 06:17