We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATMs changing money

Perth, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
ATMs changing money

Hi I read different forums , I want to known where is the best places to change Visa card or debit card into baht

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
25 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATMs changing money

Check with your bank to see what fees they will charge on international transactions as this seems to be the biggest trap when using ATMs overseas. Generally the ATM fee here in Thailand is 150 baht (about $4.99). If you are bringing cash with you it can be exchanged with ease at any of the 100 or so foreign exchange booths or banks in major centres without the hassle that you would experience in Australia.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
556 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATMs changing money

Changing money in Phuket is really easy.

Lots of atm's and money changing booths.Taking Australia dollars and changing into baht is the easiest for me.No fees.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATMs changing money

Allegedly there is a brand of ATM that don't charge the 150 baht local fee, but I've never found one. Check out the 28 degree Mastercard. It's free, fee-free, and used properly, the cheapest ATM option fee-wise. You load it with your own money before you go, and don't withdraw below zero balance. No fees OS, or at home using Westpac ATM's.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,118 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATMs changing money

Not allegedly. AEON ATMs do not charge the 150 baht fee. However, the majority are in Bangkok with only two on Phuket, one at the Central Festival Shopping Mall, and one at the BIG C shopping center.

Full information on Currency Exchange in the FAQ on the right.

5. Re: ATMs changing money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2014, 06:17