We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer

Rotorua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
8 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Beer

Hi we heading to phuket in may. Anyone know the beer selection and prices maybe? Thanks much

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer

There was a beer thread just a few days ago, should have all the answers you seek.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k6…

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer

Wow where to start,

I love the local drop Chang, but it has to be very cold, it packs a punch at 6.4 proof though, Singa is very nice as is Tiger and they are both export quality but i have to say Leo is my favorite, made by Singa. You can buy a carton 24 Cans of Leo for around $18NZ dollars or Chang around $16 per carton. In restaurants it varies depending on where you are eating but in a local restaurant they start at around 80 Baht, $2.80NZ.

Cheers, Pete

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,372 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer

Chang, Singa, Tiger prices will vary depending on whick ibar/ restaurant you visit.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer

Price of a pint in the Irish bars are around $5.50 NZ a pint, but will be half that at happy hour.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer

Buy your beer at 7/11 or similar. Very low price there

Rotorua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
8 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer

Thank you very helpful!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beer

There is also a rather nice lager called Phuket Beer, strangely not easily available in Phuket. We found it in our hotel in Bangkok by teh crate-load and it wasn't expensive, but have never seen it in Phuket. It is a bit boutique-ish, maybe that's why it's not seen in the bars in Patong. It may be worth seeking out.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beer

Wow nairobi your math skills are spot on . As for Chang beer (Here we go). The alcohol content is not regulated . Therefore content varies per batch. Sometimes you drink a few ....no problem. Other times ....look out.

9. Re: Beer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 06:16