We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Convenience store at airport?

Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Topic
Convenience store at airport?

Can anyone remember if there is a convenience store in arrivals at phuket airport. And where abouts it is. I need to grab a few essentials before we get to hotel as hotel is now where near convenience stores and won't get to hotel until about 9ish.

TIA cheers

Darkan, Australia
Level Contributor
655 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Convenience store at airport?

I am pretty sure there is not a store at the airport. Ask your driver to stop at a 7/11 along the way to your hotel.

Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Convenience store at airport?

I will take some long life milk with me and put it in my check-in luggage, and pray it doesn't burst open. That should get me through the night - so to speak- as I am taking my coffee machine with me. As soon as I get to hotel (about 10.30pm aust time)will be first 10 mins having a couple of smokes because my last one would of been at 1 pm before going through security, then shower to remove travel grime and then sit down and relax on balcony with latte and ciggy

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Convenience store at airport?

Hi there,

I am sure your hotel will have Milk they can give you for your coffee, many hotels have 24 hour room service but if not as said get your driver to stop at a handy mart store, they are everywhere.

Having said that most of the hotels in Thailand have the sashays of Coffee with creama mixed in with it, like a latte and it does taste pretty good for instant. I also love my coffee machine but its a good back stop.

Cheers, Pete

Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Convenience store at airport?

Thanks for the tip Peter, the last few times I have travelled I have got either the powder milk or those little tiny containers. For my coffee machine I need at least 100mls and hubby needs breakky LOL. mind you the amount of milk we go through at home, I'm wondering if hiring a cow is out of the question LOL

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Convenience store at airport?

Buy a $4 pack of the Nescafe or Maccona cuppacino or Latte tubes, they'll get you through the first night if the hotel doesnt have milk or your driver won't stop. We take a couple of boxes each trip, far better then what you get from most hotels.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Convenience store at airport?

tripadvisor.co.uk/…48856410

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Convenience store at airport?

Helen

There is no need to take milk with you. Unless you are staying somewhere really out of the way , you can buy it once you get to your hotel. 7/11s are everywhere and open late.

Michelle

Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Convenience store at airport?

No tubes, I'm taking coffee pods. I do have those tubes here but I only like them when I make them with all milk. LOL every get the impression that I love milk.

But thank you great thought

Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Convenience store at airport?

There is no convenience store near nakalay bay resort. And to far away from town to walk, about 10-15 mins drive

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Convenience store at airport?

G'day Helen,

Then as stated before just ask your driver to stop at one I would not bother taking milk from Aus the driver wont mind at all we have stopped many times to exchange money etc etc .

Cheers

Lozza