We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WOHOOO 1 week to go

Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Topic
WOHOOO 1 week to go

This time next week we will be leaving for the airport. The for the airport at 7am but won't get to hotel until around midnight it's a very long day.

It's currently 12 deg here and 29 deg in Phuket. So I am left with the unenviable decision of what to wear, something warm for flight and something very cool for when we get to Phuket.

Mindarie, Australia
Level Contributor
956 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WOHOOO 1 week to go

hi helen we feel the same way thought id wear light pants shirt and cardigan which ill need early morning and on the plane when we arrive will be in air conditioning in car so only a short period before we get into our room to get changed :):):) EXCITED NOW

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WOHOOO 1 week to go

Hey Helen,

Tough call lol, i think i would go something warm for you flight over :) dont wanna get sick before you land hey.

We dont have to worry about being cold when we leave home lol its pretty much the same weather in Darwin as Phuket lol :)

TX

Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: WOHOOO 1 week to go

We are on the south coast of nsw, getting pretty chilly at night and first thing in the morning. At least it's not as bad as when we went to Hong Kong in July. Temp when we left home was -3 deg and when we got to Hong Kong you walked out of the airport straight into a blast furnace of +40 deg. We have learnt from that to never go to a summery place in the middle of winter. Temp changes are too extreme.

Kitten, how long is the flight from Darwin and Susan how long for you guys? Mines a direct 9hr 35 mins. But on the way back it's 9 hrs 5 mins, it think its quicker on the way back because we are going downhill. LMAO

Mindarie, Australia
Level Contributor
956 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WOHOOO 1 week to go

helen we are lucky flying thai airways from perth about 5 and a bit hours to bangkok 1.5 hrs break and then short flight to phuket bit of leg stretching LOL

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WOHOOO 1 week to go

Hey Helen,

flight from Darwin (IF it was direct lol) would be about 5 hours BUT we have to stop over in Singapore & if you fly Jetstar that normally means an overnight stay (12-15 hrs), Silkair is better thats only a few hours lol.

we have another 6 months before we go back so living the life through others lmao :)

love the JBR's

TX

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WOHOOO 1 week to go

Hi Helen,

We always take our Air Asia blankets with us, they pack downto a small size and they keep us warm on the plane for the trip home. I am sure who ever you fly with will have them for loan or for sale for a small cost.

Cheers, Pete

Italy
Level Contributor
39,508 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: WOHOOO 1 week to go

Take a pashmina, great for the airconditioning on the flight and light to carry.

Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: WOHOOO 1 week to go

We are flying jetstar business so I'm sure they will be provided, but I do have a poncho type blanket tat I can take thanks for that idea Chrella. Just imagine exactly this time next week I won't have to worry about shiver ( like I am now) because we would of just landed.

Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: WOHOOO 1 week to go

Jetstar fly direct to Phuket from Sydney on Mondays and Fridays, I hate the thought of stopovers. We are leaving next Friday for two weeks then fly back on a Friday so hubby has a chance to 'recover' and back to work on Monday

10. Re: WOHOOO 1 week to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 05:17