We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Magor, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
weather

Who's been to Koh Samui or Phuket in June?? If so what has the weather been like??

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
344 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

Just left today from Phuket. Been having some very heavy falls but hot,sunny and fantastic inbetween

Magor, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

Thankyou looking to book possibly nxt June, i no yr going into monsoon weather but just want to no hw mch rain there is!

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

the weather is very much like the weather in Darwin, hot & humid during wet season & some rain in the arvo.

TX

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,693 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

Touch wood the weather has always been good in Phuket and we were in Samui last June and the weather was perfect.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

Here is some information you might find helpful tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k646…

No one can predict the weather we went first time in June last year instaed of going in May and had great weather but it was quite wet in May so if we had gone our usual time then we would have had a fair of rain compared to the previous 3 years.

Oh and the winning lotto numbers for next june are ... 12 , 32 , 25, 16 , 18 ,41 and 4 good luck :)

Cheers

Lozza and Mrs Lozza

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

woo hoo lozza,

will try those no's for my lotto :) if i win it's my shout for the 2 of you to Phuket ok lol :)

TX

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

If you want less of a risk go with Samui as it's the dry season in June.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,551 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather

No snow then?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,396 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather

<<If you want less of a risk go with Samui as it's the dry season in June>>

I often wonder if you take any time to read existing comments before you post the same off-putting blurb on every second thread? BTW, there's a thread titled "Low season in Phuket". tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k646… I haven't seen you comment on that particular thread? Have you read it? There's around 7 pages worth of comments from folks that completely disagree with your weather ideology and guarantees of good weather on the opposite side of the country. Recommended reading!

Cheers

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,693 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather

Perhaps people should have a look at the thai met office. Pretty good, and it is difficult to predict the weather in any tropical country. The regular monthly records are there for all to see.