We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Set for phuket on 8 june. Some last minute questions

Singapore
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Set for phuket on 8 june. Some last minute questions

Till today, we have not finalised our itinery for out 5days4nights stay.. Will be staying at holiday inn resort patong.

However, we are thinking of doing

1) elephant rides. so much to choose frm. which is the better ones? prefer the one that takes us into a little forest/jungle.

2) xtreme adventure for some rope climbing. Initially thought of flying hanuman but incline to the kidzone avail at xtreme

3) shopping. Including night mkts.

4) island visits.maybe james bond island. Is snorkelling a must? My 10yo and 7yo are not keen of snorkelling. But me and my wife want them to have a feel of the sea. Do they have 1/2 day or must complete the whole day?

5) a little sightseeing. Just a drive by for some phototaking.

Already book mr chai for the full trip. anyone can help with which activities can be squeeze in a full day?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Set for phuket on 8 june. Some last minute questions

Kok Chang is a great elephant ride, just out of Kata, they have a website.

As for island tour, I would suggest phuket sail tours, phang Nga by speed boat. Includes snorkeling, islands Hongs sea canoes, James bond drive by ( you don't miss anything by not going on the island IMO)

But you may have left it too late to get onto one of their trips. Again look up website

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Set for phuket on 8 june. Some last minute questions

Hi,

for elephant trek i would use Siam Safari, we have gone with them several times in the past. heres the link to their page, http://www.siamsafari.com/

safe travels & have fun.

TX

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,817 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Set for phuket on 8 june. Some last minute questions

Hi

(1) both elli parks mentioned are good, here is the link to Kok Chang www.kokchangsafari.com

(2) sorry can't personaly recommend as I havent done any of them!

(3) shopping: Otop markets Patong, Jungceylon/Robinsons Patong, Ocean Plaza Patong and Phuket Town, Central Festival (a lot of designer shops here) Tesco Lotus near Phuket town and Central Festival) for everyday good quality but cheap clothing (not brand name clothes) they sell everything but the kitchen sink....think they might have that too lol, Phuket Town weekend night markets which you will make on 8th or 9th

(4) Island visits: also recommend usong Phuket Sail Tours to Phang Nga, James Bond Island isn't a 'must do' as its only a small part of Phang Nga Bay and quite over rated (IMO) and busy! but Phang Nga bay is a 'must do" however it is a whole day tour but very beautiful and spectacular scenery

for a half day tour maybe and a bit of snorkeling maybe go to Racha/Raya island also PST do this tour

www.phuketsailtours.com

Another option for a half day tour and closer island tour look at going to Coral Island www.jctour-phuket.com Mr Jesada is very helpful and quick response with emails

Or, you can get a long tail boat off the foreshore of Rawai to Bon Island for lunch and a bit of snorkeling, you book the boat for the day and he will wait for you to bring you back, if the crossing is ok he can also take you over to Coral Island too, around 1400bhat for the day for the boat and you will have to book a driver to take you to Rawai, book him as a return trip and get him to come pick you up at a certain time, (around 800-1000 bhat return trip) before you leave Rawai go for a couple drinks or dinner at Nikitas (one of our favourite places) www.nikitas-phuket.com / www.bonislandphuket.wordpress.com

(5) Sightseeing: if you have booked a driver he will have some sort of itinerary for you but include: Karon Viewpoint, Phromthep Cape, (magnificant at sunset) Wat Chalong (if you intrested in temples) Big Budda (a must see and do) and great views from the top, Rang Hill great views ove Phuket and a good restaurant there too :)

and above all have lots of fun

happy holidays

Cheers

Mossy :)

Edited: 06 June 2013, 02:54
Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Set for phuket on 8 june. Some last minute questions

I would give Nikkitas a miss. Went there for dinner on Tuesday and wasn't impressed. Food was ok but overpriced.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,817 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Set for phuket on 8 june. Some last minute questions

Thats a shame mickshazz....we have been going there for years and never had a problem! always had great food and reasonable priced, they do great milk shakes and coffee too

sorry that you had a bad experience with them :(

Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Set for phuket on 8 june. Some last minute questions

Wasn't a bad experience just average.

Singapore
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Set for phuket on 8 june. Some last minute questions

Great info. thanks all...Last question, as for Holiday Inn Resort is it near to shops? Or do I need to get a driver just for a meal (halal)?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,817 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Set for phuket on 8 june. Some last minute questions

You will have everything you need on your doorstep and Otop markets are right opposite to the rear of HI, spoilt for choice

happy holidays :)

Edited: 06 June 2013, 04:16
Singapore River...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Set for phuket on 8 june. Some last minute questions

I am setting off with my beloved wife too on 8 June. Will be staying at Thara Hotel. Mine also 5d4n.

Trying to finalise my itinerary today.

8 June : reach at 9.20pm by Jetstar. So just Bangla Visit. :)

9 June: trying to give Patong beach a walk in the morning, then Jungceylong Shopping for lunch. Then Wat Chalong and then Weekend Market at Phuket Town. Alternatively, we will get half day City Tour if the price is reasonably right. Then follow by Weekend Market. Night will be Simon Cabaret Show.

10 June: Day tour to Phi Phi island. (will book when i reach phuket)

11 June: Day trip for (1) Flying Fox (2) Jungle walking & Waterfall swimming (3) Whitewater rafting (4) elephant Trekking (5) Fish Spa (6) ATV (7) Animal Show (will book when i reach phuket)

12 June: Relax. Exploring Patong, walking around, or stay in hotel to have massage and pool. Flight at 10 pm

Anyone can comment?

Sentosa Island...
Level Contributor
138 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Set for phuket on 8 june. Some last minute questions

Halal food is everywhere. But the nicer ones are near the Patong Mosque. Google it they have a Facebook that shows the Local Halal eateries. Think the mosque is called Nur islamiah. Think near Rawai got lots of Muslim Food. Drive there and eat.

Going in June too. Hired a local Muslim driver. 12 Days counting down....