We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pang Nga Bay - who to tour with?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pang Nga Bay - who to tour with?

Hi All

This is to chose who have been to Pang Nga Bay, who do you recommend going with?

I checked out Phuket Sales tours and the description sounds great as my main thing is the Muslim village, bit just wondered how PST compares with other tour operators and if PST is more expensive then is it worth it? Keen to know your thoughts as if I go with PST, I want to book online and pay my deposit.

Can someone also tell me, how long you get to stay at the Muslim village?

Thank you

Elaine

Kurrajong, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pang Nga Bay - who to tour with?

Hubby and I used Nudi tours as PST didnt have an availabity on our selected dates ( Nudi tours are connected to PST) had an amazing day, very small groups, 20 or so people only. This tour was truly one of the highlights of our holiday, they went out of their way to ensure every at every place we stopped we had the place to ourselves. Plenty of food and drink all day. Very informative and entertaining guide Sompong who made sure that we stayed ahead of any bad weather all day.

Had lunch at the muslim village followed by a tour and then shopping in the market, think we must have spent around two hours there.

I dont regret spending the extra money on this tour, it was worth every cent and I will only use PST or Nudi for our next holiday. We paid a cash deposit and paid the balance before the tour. The boats they use are new, well equipped and feel safe, the staff are profesional, fun and informative. Definately worth the extra when we saw the state of some of the other tours boats and how jam packed with people they were

Kurrajong, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pang Nga Bay - who to tour with?

Oops posted twice.. Damn smart phone !!! Not such a smart operator !

Edited: 08 June 2013, 10:02
The Entrance...
Level Contributor
495 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pang Nga Bay - who to tour with?

We did the PST Phang Nga Bay tour recenty, it was a great day. We had ample time to look around the Muslim village, had a look at the school, some time for shopping and a great lunch. The other stops were good too. I didn't compare with other companies I just went with PSt based on the reviews here and I was not disappointed. My only disappointment was we were booked to go with PST to Phi Phi a couple of days later and the weather was bad so it was cancelled. PST were excellent in all respects - great guide, info, transfers, lunch, communication and a fun day out!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pang Nga Bay - who to tour with?

Worth every penny........100% and more.

Check out all the reviews posted on TA for PST's Phang Nga Bay tour.

I did this tour in February 2013 and it was an amazing day. Yes, it is more expensive than other tour companies but the organisation and attention to detail is far superior.

A definite bonus going with PST is that they make sure you avoid the crowds along the way and the boat is not packed full of people.

As others have said, the time you spend at Koh Panyi is approx. 2 hours. Fascinating village and the food in the restaurant is delicious.

PST is my top choice and I'll be going speed boating with them again in December 2013 and February 2014 when I am back in Phuket.

Bilaspur...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Pang Nga Bay - who to tour with?

How much did you pay for a day tour? Can u please elaborate on the day tour itinerary?

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,423 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pang Nga Bay - who to tour with?

Hi

to be honest you won't go far wrong with PST at all. Their care and consideration of ensure that their customers have a wonderful day is just the best, and never a crowded boat.

Their website www.phuketsailtours.com/tour_phang_nga.html gives a really good outline of the day (better than I could) and then what the costs are.

Enjoy!

perth
Level Contributor
65 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pang Nga Bay - who to tour with?

Hi

We did the PST Phang Nga tour in April and were very impressed. Every aspect was top notch. In addition to the fantastic guides (we had Sean and Sompong), fabulous sights and food, it was also very safe. A storm brewed while we were out and the crew were very good at keeping us all dry and safe. The sea became quite choppy and we were very glad to be in their safe speedboat instead of some of the other very crowded vessels that we saw out there. It really was the highlight of our trip and in our opinion worth every cent.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
792 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pang Nga Bay - who to tour with?

We have been to Phang Nga Bay with Phuket Sail Tours twice - on both the Sailboat & speedboat - loved them both and going back for 3rd trip with them again this year! Highly recommend PST

The only other time we went on a boat trip with another operator was to the Khai Islands and it was terrible - speedboat overloaded with about 40 passengers - never again!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Pang Nga Bay - who to tour with?

Thank you to you all, my mind is made up, PST it is!

Elaine

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pang Nga Bay - who to tour with?

PST is your best options

many operators do similar tours but PST provide great service and are always aware of the weather and make sure it is safe

Regards

Sam

http://www.travellingking.com/