We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at the Amata Resort?

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
518 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at the Amata Resort?

Hi

I have found this Budget Resort and was wondering if anyone has stayed there and would recommend it or not. Have a cheap deal for October and have choosen Delux with Pool View (new building, I hope). Does anyone know if it is far to walk to Junceylon Shopping Centre and if there are any good restaurants nearby.

Thanks for your help.

Chrissy

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,826 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Amata Resort?

I suggest you look this place up on T/A, have a look at the comments and go from there.Most people think it is OK.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
518 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Amata Resort?

Thanks for that, I have read the reviews and they are mixed, so I thought an opinion from someone who has stayed there might be helpful.

Thanks Chrissy

West Aust
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Amata Resort?

chrissyi, I haven't stayed yet but we are staying there for a few nights in October so I have researched it a lot as I enjoy reading people's reviews; so I've read all the TA reviews, plus online booking sites like Agoda and Booking.com.

My take on it from reading all the reviews is that there are more good than bad which is why we've taken the plunge. Cheap as chips and a good location on Rat-u-Thit, with easy access (I believe) to beach road by going through a shortcut directly opposite the hotel.

If you are really keen to get the new wing and you think it will bother you if you don't, email the hotel and ask what room category you have to book to ensure the new wing.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
518 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Amata Resort?

Hi Jenway

Thanks for that, I thought the reviews weren't too bad and I also liked the position. I will take your advice and email the hotel and see if we will get the new wing.

Thanks Chrissy

5. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Amata Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 06:15