We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap 4*/5* Hotels in Phuket - July - Should I be concerned?

London, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap 4*/5* Hotels in Phuket - July - Should I be concerned?

I've been told that July is a good time to go because it's not too busy and the weather is still nice - is this correct also?

The hotels for 5 nights in a 4/5 star are very VERY cheap. Am I missing something or is it just because it's off-season? I'm looking at hotels.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap 4*/5* Hotels in Phuket - July - Should I be concerned?

ok its the weather lol

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap 4*/5* Hotels in Phuket - July - Should I be concerned?

You can find some very good bargains at that time of year, I would suggest though looking at local Thailand booking services as they have a huge choice and you can find lots of special promotion offers, bargain time to visit.

Phuket
Level Contributor
577 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap 4*/5* Hotels in Phuket - July - Should I be concerned?

July weather : You could have blue skies and flat seas for two weeks or you may get wind and rain (although when it does rain here in Phuket it usually clears up pretty quickly) . Check out the Kata & Karon areas for nice hotels with good deals on . It's quieter in these areas than Patong but still lots of good restaurants and nice beaches . Note : You will have to check the sea conditions before swimming from the beach. Red flags flying means dangerous to swim.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,542 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap 4*/5* Hotels in Phuket - July - Should I be concerned?

As already mentioned, the weather could be perfect. Nobody can predict especially in the tropics.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap 4*/5* Hotels in Phuket - July - Should I be concerned?

Its usually like that this time of year.

The Patong hotel we usually stay during low season is about 800B without breakfast, and 1100B with a non-buffet breakfast.

At high season the same room at least 2400B.

Low season means less visitors, so less crowd on boats, less crowd in patong..etc

Might be less fun if you are looking for crowded party atmosphere.

Edited: 13 June 2013, 09:19
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap 4*/5* Hotels in Phuket - July - Should I be concerned?

Loads of people go in July because it's cheaper and although it's monsoon season it doesn't usually rain continually for days so worth the risk.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap 4*/5* Hotels in Phuket - July - Should I be concerned?

But in general it is not possible to swim in the ocean. And it can rain for days..

8. Re: Cheap 4*/5* Hotels in Phuket - July - Should I be concerned?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 05:17