We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New question from previous link - help please?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
New question from previous link - help please?

Hello again

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k6…

I recently posted a question as above, so I have deceived to stay near Phuket airport but I have come across the Dewa Phuket hotel which has a private pool. Has anyone else stayed at any other hotels which offers a private pool near to Phuket airport?

I am not the greatest swimmer and because of that I am also quite shy when I do swim as I feel that it is obvious that I am not the greatest swimmer:), which is one reason why I would consider spending extra money for the last night on a hotel which provides a private pool, I fel it will give me a chance to practice a bit more in my own privacy both in the evening when I arrive and in the morning, plus it will be the last night of a very hectic 16night trip travelling to 3 countries so I think it would be a nice way to chill on the last night for my all-in-all 42hr trip home including this 15hr stop in Phuket.

Open for suggestions as I am not even sure if it is worth splashing out on a room like this when I will probably get to the hotel at 22:30pm and leave sometime he next morning to catch my 12:50pm flight home.

Any advise please? I know my question might sound a bit silly but it is something that I am now considering.

Thank you

Kelly

Asia
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New question from previous link - help please?

You can just book any hotel having a pool but not too expensive. Problem solved! :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New question from previous link - help please?

Hi Kelly, I have stayed at the Dewa in a private pool villa. The pool is not huge for doing laps but big enough and waist deep for a paddle and cool down or midnight swim. I loved it but did have more than one night to appreciate it so up to you. I don't think people will judge you in the pool by how well or not you can swim. If you want to lash out for your last night then go for it! Sue

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,756 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New question from previous link - help please?

Agree with Gismo. Private pool is not big enough for swimming at the Dewa. However, the main pool is so shaped that you can find a spot for yourself but I don't think others would be too interested in you anyway.

4. Re: New question from previous link - help please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 05:17