We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket town weekend night markets

Traralgon, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Phuket town weekend night markets

Hello everyone,

My bf and I are off to phuket for the first time in July, this forum has helped me so much organising our trip thank you so much for all your input.

We are interested in going to the Phuket Town weekend night markets, as we are staying in patong I was wondering the best way to go about getting their and rough estimate on prices?

Thanks so much for all your help once again :)

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
38 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket town weekend night markets

Would be best to get a taxi there and have the driver wait for you. I'm not sure of the price as we hired a driver for 8 hours last Saturday and did a full tour of the south of the island. You will find plenty of taxi's hanging around the front of your hotel so you will be able to negotiate prices. You could also get a tuktuk but it might we wet, won't be aircon, and will be slower (400bht each way I think). Maybe other TA members will have an idea on taxi prices. Markets kick off about 5pm and they are terrific for getting all your souvenirs and bargains....much cheaper than Patong. The food is also amazing, so much to choose from (including the insects!) I'll never get the smell of Durian's out of my nostrils though! Enjoy =) Suzie

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket town weekend night markets

Your best bet is to talk to the taxis and tuk-tuk drivers and get a price. ( I know the taxis are meant to have a meter) and see who comes out the cheapest. You will want them to wait for you as well. Make sure that you don't pay until you get back to the hotel. I believe that it is 400 baht to the markets.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket town weekend night markets

Hi Elle,

You can get a private driver usually from your hotel or just out the front and a return trip is usually around 6 to 800 baht, we usually get it for 600 and they organize to pick you up at a mutual time. Once you return to your hotel you then pay them. One way fares are about 400B but coming back they will try to charge more.

Cheers, Pete

4. Re: Phuket town weekend night markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 06:17