We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phoning Home anyone used LINE app ? Free text & phone app

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Phoning Home anyone used LINE app ? Free text & phone app

Just started using LINE (from the google play store, a free mobile phone app) at home for free texts and phone calls over the internet. You just need an internet connection. Works from your pc too, which is great as I've always wanted to be able to send texts when on the pc. I guess it's like skype, but I've never used skype. texts/mms work great; but a bit of a delay when talking on the phone. Only tried it locally so far, anyone used it in Phuket/Thailand ?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details…

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Phoning Home anyone used LINE app ? Free text & phone app

I think just about everybody with a smart phone in Thailand uses Line so it should work just fine.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phoning Home anyone used LINE app ? Free text & phone app

Hey, great. You never really hear of it on this forum. I love how it automatically adds people already stored in your mobile phone. I guess I'll just have to be careful to make sure data roaming is off.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Phoning Home anyone used LINE app ? Free text & phone app

If you want to make a call I would imagine that you will need to find somewhere with a good wi-fi connection for it to work well.

4. Re: Phoning Home anyone used LINE app ? Free text & phone app

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 05:18