We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist visa application processing time

Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
Tourist visa application processing time

Hi all,

I'm travelling to Phuket in November and will need to apply for a tourist visa. I am applying in person at the Thai consulate in Sydney and have an Australian passport. Could someone please I've me some info on how long the processing time is??? The website says at one point 3 days ad 4-5 weeks the other and I'm just a little confused. Anybody's feedback with experience regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,397 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist visa application processing time

Can sometimes (in person) even be done the same day. If done by mail, count on a turn around time of 1 week.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist visa application processing time

We always travel on a tourist visa, turn around at the Thai Consulate in Adelaide is 2 days and has been for years, same is for Brisbane, so I imagine Sydney would be similar times.

Cathy

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,695 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist visa application processing time

Presumably you are planning on staying more than 30 days in Thailand. If no more than 30 days as an Australian passport holder you don't need a visa as you will receive a visa waiver stamp in your passport which lasts 30 days if you arrive in Thailand by air, 15 days if you enter by land/sea. If you are staying more than 30 days the maximum length of time for a tourist visa is 60 days obtainable by post or in person from your Embassy. If you do have to apply for a visa unless your Embassy specifically says or tells you that they will issue the visa on the same day I would apply by post unless you are local and can call back wen it is ready. You have plenty of time before November.

Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist visa application processing time

Thanks guys for everyone's replies! How far out from travel date would you guys suggest organising the visa???

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist visa application processing time

We normally do ours a couple of weeks before we leave Australia :)

Cathy

6. Re: Tourist visa application processing time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 05:17