We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

phucket accomodation

victoria
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Topic
phucket accomodation

Hi there my partner and i are traveling to phucet in july we have narrowed down accmodation to

horizon

village resort and spa

karon beach resort

sea cliffe

i have difficuty in walking we would like a hotel tranfers balcony and breakfat any help gretafuuly accepted we are on a budget being pensioners

Thanks Marie

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: phucket accomodation

There are 2 Horizon places, one in Patong and one in Karon

Karon Beach Resort is right on the Beach , so I guess you are looking at Karon ?

Do note that Karon beach can be 'red flagged' in July

Karon Beach Resort you can get nice seaview balcony rooms and that would be my suggestion for nice location. However, you say you have difficulty walking and to get out to restaurants etc in that area but not be ideal.

Perhaps look at the 'Kata Beach Resort' at Kata as that is flat to get around, that too have nice sea view balcony rooms.

Can you tell us your budget ( THB or AUD is fine ) and if you wish how you see yourself enjoying days and evenings, whether you want to go out in the evening much, whether lots of shopping is important and how yo want to enjoy day time

Edited: 25 June 2013, 14:18
Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: phucket accomodation

There are other options along the beach road and close to it in Karon such as Old Phuket, Woraburi etc, but it depends on the walking situation.

If you can tell us more maybe we can come up with some other ideas that might suit you better

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: phucket accomodation

I'd avoid anything with "cliff" in the name ! You can look at the traveller photos in the Hotel reviews on TA and see what the grounds are like. tripadvisor.com.au/Hotels-g1215780-Karon_Phu…

An option would be Centara Karon as they have a golf buggy to take you to and from your room, but you would have to insist on ground floor and there are a bunch of steps to reception. I think there was a lift to get to the reception desk. It's well located in the middle of things eg for eateries nearby. There is a bit of a walk to the beach. You should look at a map (eg google map or the ones that come with booking sites like Agoda) and see where your choices are located as Karon isn't as centralized as Patong or Kata.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,510 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: phucket accomodation

The Kata beach resort is directly on the beach and you're near to the bars and restaurants in Kata so I would check that out.

victoria
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: phucket accomodation

thank you so much i will look at those propertys

i would like a place with a balcony and near to shops and other restrauants and if posssible

a place that has its own bus

many thanks marie

victoria
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: phucket accomodation

thank you so much for yourwonderful advice

Kind reards

Marie

victoria
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: phucket accomodation

thank you so much i will look straight away

Kind REGARDS

mARIE

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: phucket accomodation

Have you looked at the Palmery? Nice pools, friendly staff and a shuttle bus to the beach (Kata) every 2 hours.

They are doing promotions at the moment because they have only just opened, cheapest I saw was 1250BAHT per night. Might be worth looking at, as it is super stylish.

Hope that helps :)

victoria
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: phucket accomodation

thankyou so much i wil look at it

Kind Regards

Marie

10. Re: phucket accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 05:16