We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR 10th June to @8th June Days 16.17.18 and summary

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
JBR 10th June to @8th June Days 16.17.18 and summary

Day 16

The usual beakie swim routine a tad weary after yesterday but all good spent the day mainly lounging around as we were heading out tonight to the Elvis show at the Thara Patong Beach Resort ..We had already seen the food and beverages manager and he said he would organise a VIP table for us as we usually stay at the Thara and Mrs Lozza and I had our wedding reception their 2 years earlier and "Elvis" was the entertainment .

Well the best laid plans always come unstuck there was going to be 6 of us but as it was state of origin 4 people dropped out but that was ok Mrs Lozza and I went out on a date lol after a couple drinks at Max's and organising some stuff at Jinda's we head back to the Thara where I explained to Khun Pn that it was just Mama and I no problem table at the front a couple of mojitos then we ordered food ..Now Mrs Lozza was quite perplexed as the 2nd in charge F&B manager proceeded with great skill to take the shell's of my prawns with a knife and fork and serve me leaving Mrs Lozza to de-shell her own ..at least he served her the rice lol ..anyways I said to him the Mrs Lozza and I would share the last Tiger prawn ( they are huge) so this time she got served as well .

The show started and "Elvis" seen us and asked us to take to the dance floor as he sung a song that he sung on our wedding night it was a very special moment and he kept getting us to dance ....Now he may not be the greastest or the best Elvis impersonator ( sometimes forgets the words lol) but he is alot of fun there is no entrance fee but the meals are reasonably priced and depending on the crowd there is audience participation worth having a look we stayed till the finish had my photo taken with "Elvis" top bloke .

Day 17

We were moving hotels as we had a change in flights and I wanted to stay at the Thara for the extra couple of days /night and had arranged with them earlier in the week which room and got a great rate ..also booked and paid for October whilst the dollar was still good .

So quick breakie/ swim then pack ..I have to say the guys at the Salathai are great they moved all our bags to the Thara which is next door and of course I rewarded them for doing it now it was only 10 am in the morning but we had to meet someone at Jungceylon ..only one room was ready said thats fine we dumped our bags and headed off .

We were meeting Lincoln Marrable of Phuket Sunset Wedding the guy who had married 2 years earlier at Tri Trang Beach one of the main reasons apart from catching up was to meet he and his wife Elle new addition a baby boy whose name is Anda ..so we met at the Coffee House for a bite to eat what a cute young man such a lovely family after they had gone we took Kez and Scott up to the top floor so they could buy a phone for a birthday present for Kez's son ... then it was a Tuk Tuk back to the Thara a swim then our planning for our last night ....

Went to jinda's got some more shopping then went to Max at Max's Bar we are great friends promised we would be back for a final drink tomorrow then wandered off to the Tattoo bar for our goodbyes there where Kez and Scott rang the bell twice plenty of drinks had the younguns piked it and staggered off home we stayed for awhile longer Tony rocked up to say goodbye ..was a great last night .

Day 18 ,

Breakie at the Thara ..good as ever Khun Pon was there to say goodbye then it was just chill for a bit as our flight wasn't leaving till 10pm that night after a swim and a bite to eat we wandered down said goodbye to Mrs Jinda then had a couple with Max which was sad but as she said you be back soon Mafia and Mama then it was back to pack and one last swim befor ewe headed to the airport for the journey home .

Summary:

It was the first time in 5 years we have ever seen that much rain ..did it bother us ? No we had a great time and it cleared ..... It was very quiet this year compared to last year dont know why but its still the favourite time for us to go .... Still love Phuket and heading back in October with a side trip to Khao Lak ...

Cheers

Lozza and Mrs Lozza

Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
571 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR 10th June to @8th June Days 16.17.18 and summary

Sounds like a fantastic couple last days, and a special night with Elvis just to top it off..

Thanks so much for sharing your hols with us all, so look forward to catching up in Oct

Cheers Mr and Mrs Lozza

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR 10th June to @8th June Days 16.17.18 and summary

Great read of your last few days my friend, So glad I got to be part of this holiday ( at least 11 days of it) at your special time of year.

Cant wait till we are all back there again in October, where I am dragging you and Mrs lozza and a few more of my good friends from here, to share my special Favorite time of year, and to be part of my special Birthday.

Mich

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR 10th June to @8th June Days 16.17.18 and summary

I've really enjoyed reading your reports and am sad that this is the final episode but glad you had another great holiday and looking forward to the reports in October.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,669 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR 10th June to @8th June Days 16.17.18 and summary

Good read and great fun! Thanks xx

PS LOL, nearly 31!

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR 10th June to @8th June Days 16.17.18 and summary

Thanks for sharing Lozza, wonder who the bad people are that didn't turn up for the Elvis show lol :) See you in October:)

Cathy

nsw
Level Contributor
481 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JBR 10th June to @8th June Days 16.17.18 and summary

Thank You once again for sharing your holiday with us..

Mr Harry now wants to go see the Elvis Show,Hope he hasn't left the Building.....

I too am disappointed your holiday JBR'S have ended,have loved reading them...

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JBR 10th June to @8th June Days 16.17.18 and summary

Great reads, all of them, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to reading about your next trip, not long to go.

8. Re: JBR 10th June to @8th June Days 16.17.18 and summary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 06:18