We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney to Phuket customs carry on luggage

Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney to Phuket customs carry on luggage

Absolutely loving this website and all the useful information I am getting, feel like I've already been there!

I'm about go on my first overseas trip, which means first time through customs. I only have carry on luggage for my trip there and have 20kg trip home (hope that's enough for all the goodies I will buy) with jetstar

1) What can I take as carry on? I am worried about all my toiletries.. Shampoo, facewash, sunscreen ect as I have read they have a rule with clear bottles and maximum 100ml liquid!

2) how long should I allow for sydney airport to go through customs?

3) thank you thank you thank you!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney to Phuket customs carry on luggage

Hi letsexplor,

Yes you are right, the 100Ml rule is a pain but it is enforced for carry on luggage, also no sharp implements either, metal nail files, Nail scissors, pocket knives etc. If you use Colgate Toothpaste that's made in Thailand anyway so easy to get and the 100Ml rule applies to toothpaste as well. Almost all the toiletries you get in Australia are available in Phuket from Watson's and other Chemists although your favorite brands may not be available.

Customs depends who you are flying with, just check with your airline they will tell you how long to be there before your flight, its usually 3 hours for international flights.

Cheers, Pete

Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney to Phuket customs carry on luggage

Is that 100ml per bottle or 100ml all up? As I have a few small bottles :)

Thanks heaps! Great advice

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,641 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney to Phuket customs carry on luggage

Per bottle.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney to Phuket customs carry on luggage

Hi,

The full details concerning the carriage of liquids and gels etc, are shown here:

…infrastructure.gov.au/international/lags/in…

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,825 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sydney to Phuket customs carry on luggage

Hi

I know it is from Heathrow, but it is the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) rules . . heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/h…

Some good links to some great guidance pdfs!

All your 100ml bottles must fit into a specific sized bag.

What we find is shampoos and lotions are normally in the hotels nowadays (or buy in a chemist in duty free / airside), but stuff that you must take and isn't available in Phuket (as already suggested we pack into our checked in suitcases as over 100ml is allowed there.

Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sydney to Phuket customs carry on luggage

Thanks!!! That's helpful sounds like I should be sweet with customs :) if all else fails I can buy stuff in phuket!

7. Re: Sydney to Phuket customs carry on luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 05:17