We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight arrives at 9.05 pm is it too late for hotel buses?

australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Flight arrives at 9.05 pm is it too late for hotel buses?

HI everyone

We arrive in September at 9.05pm and hopefully clear immigration by 10pm, I'm thinking it will be dark and possibly raining and probably chaotic .

we have not booked an hotel yet but i am thinking of ibis Kata because we liked Kata in 1996!

however i remember the airport seemed a long way from Kata beach.

As we have a week to play with so i don't mind staying nearer the airport or with a hotel that picks up from the airport late at night , before spending a few days at Kata.

Can some one please give me some information about a safe and inexpensive way to travel from the airport after 9pm

thank you in anticipation of a reply.

Rotherham, England...
Level Contributor
876 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight arrives at 9.05 pm is it too late for hotel buses?

You'll be fine with a mini-bus or taxi at that time. Mini-bus is about 200Bt per person and a taxi about 600Bt - 90 mins longer by mini-bus as they stop half way. I'd recomend the taxi as it will be quicker and more direct. Just follow the signs at the airport, it's dead easy!

Edited: 15 August 2013, 13:55
Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight arrives at 9.05 pm is it too late for hotel buses?

We got in at 9.45pm and had pre-booked Phuket Shuttle service online for 850 baht (to Kata) and the driver was waiting for us with our name on a card. Our flight was delayed 45 mins but that was no problem. A nice air conditioned 4wd for 3 of us was just what we needed. No hassle , no need to negotiate a price.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,510 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight arrives at 9.05 pm is it too late for hotel buses?

I would just get a taxi, we paid 800 baht to Kata so expect to pay around that amount.

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight arrives at 9.05 pm is it too late for hotel buses?

There are some nice hotels around the airport that will pick you up. But I'd recommend Nai Yang,

It`s 10 mins from the airport and if you just throw your bags in your room, you might manage a late meal on the beach.

australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight arrives at 9.05 pm is it too late for hotel buses?

Thank you to all the kind people who responded to my request, and very promptly too.

I notice that some of you recommend the taxi at approximately 800 baht to Kata , would that be the metered taxis from the special stand as reported in FAQ Airport transfers?

thank you

Rotherham, England...
Level Contributor
876 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight arrives at 9.05 pm is it too late for hotel buses?

In Phuket, unlike the rest of Thailand, the taxi's tend not to use the meter. Both taxi's and tuk tuk's have agreed a "fixed price" for certain journeys. As a consequence they tend to be more expensive in Phuket and will not be bartered down.

When you leave the airport there's a counter just to the left of the exit where you can book a taxi.

7. Re: Flight arrives at 9.05 pm is it too late for hotel buses?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 06:18