We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jbr 30th July - 8th August

Victoria
Level Contributor
524 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
jbr 30th July - 8th August

Its taken a couple of weeks to get my head around the fact I'm home.

We flew Thai Airways from Melb via Bangkok. Great airline to travel with, no complaints.

Our accommodation was with Deals.Com.Au at the Katathani.

Our airport transfer was there waiting for us when we arrived.

It was 7 years since our last trip (which included our kids) this time we were solo travellers, and things were still familiar.

We arrived at the Katathani early and had to wait for our room, so we changed, and left our luggage, and explored.

The Katathani is a huge place, lots of pools and places to eat (have done a review) the grounds are awesome.

On this trip we spent a day/evening in Patong, Did the O'top market, stopped for a few beers at Blondies Bar, then had dinner at No,6 (up the hill) If you get the chance, do it.

I had read about it on here and just loved the atmosphere, the service, and the food...to die for.

We hired a driver and went to Big Buddah, truely amazing, then to Sabai Corner (have done a review) for a snack and beers. This is such a little gem of a place, we both wish we had done it earlier, cause we would have been back, several times.

Then there was at day out with Phuket Sail Tours and Capt. Mark.

This was truely a highlight. We had the most amazing day (long day pickup 6.30am and back about 6pm)

We did the Phang Na by speedboat, met some wonderful people, saw the most amazing sights, feed fish by hand with banana, ate a beautiful lunch ( so much food) at the sea village. Canoed and swam. I recommed this to everyone who reads this jbr, you will not be disappointed.

We felt totally relaxed, maybe because we were not in the middle of Patong, and could choose where and when we wanted to venture out. There are a couple of places to eat outside the resort, which we did do, and they were very good, 2 minimarts and a few shops.

The other days we just read, had a walk along the beach and relaxed.

Hope to be back sooner than 7yrs.

What a great place to holiday.

Deb

Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jbr 30th July - 8th August

Sounds great Deb. I agree, the Phuket sail tour to Phang Nga Bay is awesome. Thanks for sharing

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,122 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jbr 30th July - 8th August

Ditto that!

Great read, glad you enjoyed the PST Phang Nga Bay trip - our favourite too!

Thanks for sharing!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jbr 30th July - 8th August

Glad you had a great time! Agree with you, Sabai Corner is a great spot.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jbr 30th July - 8th August

Thanks for the report, Deb, and hope you get back sooner this time. Sabai Corner is certainly a lovely spot.

As for PST and Phang Nga bay what can I say that I jhave not said 1000 times alreday, I love the place, this tour in on my list every trip, usually my only tour

Michelle

5. Re: jbr 30th July - 8th August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 06:20