We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Night or Two In Phi Phi ?? Where??

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
223 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
One Night or Two In Phi Phi ?? Where??

Anyone would advise a nice hotel between the bays, short walking distance from the beach clubs?

I don t have a budget but let's say max 200$ night over Christmas period, i would like a nice clean air conditioned safe hotel in phiphi close to the beach clubs and guest friendly if possible..

I read bad even terrible reviews on tripadvisor (even the ones ranked in top 10) on most hotels in phiphi, except top 3 and they are all far off the night seen, Can someone give me two or 3 options for a good stay there...

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
155 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Night or Two In Phi Phi ?? Where??

About 5 years ago we stay at Phi Phi Island Cabana which was lovely, certainly right in the centre of things with a walk thru from one side of the island to the other with what was a spectacular beach at the far side. Looks like the price would work out right for you and current reviews not too bad, maybe give it a look. We have since stayed at Arayaburi which are little bungalow type rooms, but it is much more isolated from the night life.

You will definitely love phi phi, especially after all the day trippers have gone.

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
223 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Night or Two In Phi Phi ?? Where??

Thank you for your input, i will look into phi phi island cabana .... It s weird that the standard of hotels in phi phi is so low... anyone else got another option close to all the action?

Yzerfontein, South...
Level Contributor
311 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Night or Two In Phi Phi ?? Where??

Phi Phi hotel is in the centre of Phi Phi. Get a sea facing room for at least 2 nights.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,172 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Night or Two In Phi Phi ?? Where??

I don't think its weird that the quality of Phi Phi accommodation is poor, & the prices high.

The number of rooms available is limited & there are so many visitors arriving, that hotel owners don't need to bother that much maintaining their properties or interacting with the guests to be honest.

The most expensive hotel I have ever stayed at is the Bayview Resort, & that was pretty poor. Having to pour cold water over yourself every night for 3 nights to cool down because the A/C didn't work, is not something you normally do in a £75 a night hotel

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
797 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Night or Two In Phi Phi ?? Where??

What you say about Bayview is weird to me as we have stayed there and our A/C worked fine. Will be there again in a few weeks and really looking forward to it.

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
223 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Night or Two In Phi Phi ?? Where??

I agree with you jaynenewcastle, phiphi hotels seem hit or miss, that s exactly why i didn't want to book anything, i checked bayview some said good and for others it was a terrible experience... It s sad the quality of the hotels is that bad, i think i won't book i ll take a daily trip with a small backpack and leave my stuff back in my hotel in patong, i ll go check around available rooms, nothing good then i ll just content myself with the daily trip to visit phi phi. Thanks guys for your input

7. Re: One Night or Two In Phi Phi ?? Where??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 05:18