We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

manop

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
manop

hi ,

has anyone used manop as a driver/ guide recently ?looking through older posts he came with good feedback is this still the case

would like some sort of feedback good or bad before making a decision about booking with him.

many thanks

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: manop

bump

Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: manop

Yes, we used Manop during our trip in June, our son has used Manops brother during his trip - both are highly recommended.

Manop was terrific - it was our fourth visit to Phuket and our fourth 'day tour' with a driver. Manop took us to places that we had not been before - as well as to our favourite spots.

You won't be sorry by booking Manop :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
93 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: manop

We have booked Manop also for our trip in 3 weeks time to and from the airport with a tour as well. I would like to know do we give him a tip and how much? Thanks

Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: manop

Hi Anissa

I'm sure he'd love you to give him a tip :) It's definitely up to you whether or not you tip and how much. I guess it depends on how impressed you are with his service.

Enjoy - I'm quite jealous, wish it was me going back in three weeks (we returned in June and planning to head back in April).

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: manop

We used Manop for airport transfers last October. He was great and we will use him again when we go back. There were 4 of us (2 couples) each couple gave him a 100baht tip each way. On the way back to the airport he was giving us a guided tour. (Didn't on the way from the airport as it was midnight and we all were pretty tired).

Singapore
Level Contributor
59 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: manop

We used Manop for our airport transfers. He sent another driver in his stead but we didn't mind. Jack (I hope I have his name right) was a polite and very competent driver with a very clean car.

Now for the not so great review. We were thinking of going to Phi Phi Island and asked Jack for recommendations for boat companies that travel there. He called Manop, who suggested that he would arrange the whole thing for BHT3800 for the both of us. He also mentioned that it would be a nice tour in a big boat with 25 people max...

There were 48 of us crammed into a 3 engine boat, all butt to butt. In fact, the boat was so full that all seats - even the unsheltered seats way front - were taken. We were shuttled from touristy island to touristy island, spending barely 30-40mins on each island. Lunch (included in the price) was a completely depressing affair - cold everything that was barely palatable. I went to a nearby minimart and bought a cup of instant noodles instead.

Because the boat was packed, there was barely space for us to move and the poor unfortunate souls who got sold the "first class ticket" seats at the fore of the boat had to endure the bumps and rain througout the 8 hours we were out (mostly on the boat). My husband and I were seated right where the there were pretty large gaps in the roof - we too, spent most of the trip rained and splashed on, while wrapped in cold, soaking wet towels.

Proper planning (and less greed) would have ensured that the boat wasn't overpacked, which would have left enough room for people to get out of the rain when it did. We didn't mind the weather so much. Just the fact that we were treated pretty very shabbily and then finally asked to "please tip".

We did tell Manop of our experience and suggested that he never recommend this company again. So beware - great with airport transfers, not so with boat tours.

In hindsight, I will NEVER EVER again book a tour without first doing my own research. :P Lesson learnt.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: manop

Like the previous review we were met with a driver and a salesman. After a 24 hour journey from the UK i did not want all the sales pitch that Manop's colleague was pushing on me during our transfer !!

Finally, on our day of departure our taxi was booked for 8pm. At 8.30 pm there was no sign of our Taxi so we asked the hotel to contact him on our behalf. when we finally got through to him he told us it was an over sight and he would try and arrange a replacement. All of this despite several e-mail previous to leaving the uk and 2 e-mails during our holiday. This resulted in a very heated debate over the phone. With only 1 hour to check in at the airport we were forced to booked a taxi via the hotel at an increased cost of 600TB (£11.00). The money was never the issue but the harassment from when we arrived to the failure to collect us to ensure we met our flight on time for our journey home was inexcusable. I have tried to contact him on several occasions since our return and not a word.

I can only speak from personal experience and based on that i would definably NOT recommend this company and the harassment team that work with him....

Perth
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: manop

We used Manop last year and found his service to be punctual, his vehicle clean and most importantly his driving safe. He was very agreeable when organising tours (no surprises there) and we found anything organised through him was of a good quality.

As a general statement and not necessarily directed at Manop, many tours will come with transfers included. Do your research and when the tour includes transfers deal direct. No need to fork out the 500 THB or so for a driver transfer you didn't need

Washington DC...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: manop

We hired Manop as a tour guide for 4 days during our stay in Phuket. The results were not very good.

Pros:

- Punctual

- Large vehicle for airport transfer

- Air conditioned vehicles

Cons:

- English is very bad (my wife could understand him, but neither I nor our daughter could)

- He just dropped us off places, he would not accompany us to translate, explain the food, where to go, etc.

- Sometimes he would send someone else, they would not accompany us either

- The person he sent to take us back to the airport didn't know how to get there!

- He (and all of his drivers) kept trying to sell us tour packages and recommend places (obviously he gets a commission). We looked on TripAdvisor and told him where we wanted to go.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: manop

We toured with manop and his brother Mr oh in June 2014. Both were polite and took us exactly where we asked to go. They went above and beyond to be helpful. Would definitely use them again next time!