We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Phuket for couple without kids

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Phuket for couple without kids

Am looking for some advice on where to stay in Phuket for a couple without children. Whilst we do like children don't want to stay at a resort that is mainly for family. We have been to Thailand before and stayed at Marriott at Khao Lak and this time wanted to be closer to the main action. We love water sports and sailing but also love just being able to relax by a great pool or on the beach. Also want somewhere we can go to restaurants outside the resort that are walking distance. As this trip is stur of the moment (we got very cheap flights from Melbourne for next May) we dont want to go over the top with budget. Looking to spend at most $180-$200 per night. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,365 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Phuket for couple without kids

Congrats on getting those cheap flights Helen.

Many places that are not necessarily kid free, but that dont have kids clubs etc. Not sure what area you want, but in Patong have a look at Bannthai, Impiana, Bursari, Salathai

Theres a few to get you started

Michelle

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Phuket for couple without kids

Did you get the cheap jetstar flights? It was all over by the time I got the email. I hope they repeat it. The summer package at Mom Tris is good value. You can also walk into Kata Noi for restaurants. Also their restaurant is to die for and you get a couple of dinners and massages.

Linda

Phuket
Level Contributor
577 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Phuket for couple without kids

If you are looking to stay in the Kata area check out 'Sawadee Village , Kata Beach Resort , Metadee Resort and Katathani Resort' . All enjoy good reputations and are close or fairly close to a great selection of restaurants and are also close to the beach .

Giles - Offspray Leisure Day trips , Phuket

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Phuket for couple without kids

Yes we did get those tickets. Sold out very fast I believe. Thanks for reply will check out your suggestion.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Phuket for couple without kids

thanks Michelle !

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Phuket for couple without kids

thanks for your suggestion, much appreciated

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Phuket for couple without kids

The Boathouse is a great option if you want a hotel without too many kids and the food at the restaurant is wonderful.

www.boathousephuket.com

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Phuket for couple without kids

I also recommend the Boathouse. It is located directly on Kata beach and is within minutes walking distance to some excellent restaurants, good shopping etc.

In May when the weather turns rough you will not be able to swim in the sea. However since you mention water sports.....if you are a keen surfer or want to learn how to surf, you would be able learn right in front of this hotel.

ipswich
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in Phuket for couple without kids

Hi there

Would you recommend to pre-book online these sorts of hotels if staying last week of oct first week in nov?

Regards

Beth

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,365 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Phuket for couple without kids

Hi Beth, yes I would pre-book all of these hotels. The tricky bit is October is low season and November is high season, and you are likely to pay a different rate for each time period. As October is getting close you may find a deal, but I would look at booking sites like sawadee, and latestays, more likely to find a deal than direct with hotel in most cases. In many cases the "walk in" rate is higher than pre-booking

Michelle