We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on flight timings from Bangkok A/port to Phuket

Scotland
Level Contributor
136 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Info on flight timings from Bangkok A/port to Phuket

How long is a piece of string - I realise this information I am looking for is subject to time of day, how busy immigration can be etc.

But I have approx 5 hrs between landing in Bangkok to catching my flight to Phuket. Do you guys think this is enough time to clear customs, collect my bags and check in to my internal Phuket flight? (We have to check in again since it is 2 different airlines)

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,484 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on flight timings from Bangkok A/port to Phuket

2 different airlines does not automatically mean you have to check in again.

Which airlines are you talking about, in other words, do you have to change airports? If no chance of airports you will be easily ok, if chance of airports you should also make it with enough but less time to spare.

Scotland
Level Contributor
136 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on flight timings from Bangkok A/port to Phuket

Thank you for your reply.

We are flying with KLM from the UK. Then when we get to Suvarnabhumi Airport we are flying with Bangkok Airways to Phuket. I was informed that there was no code share which is why we have to collect our luggage and check in again for the internal flight. I've never flown into Suvarnabhumi Airport, so wasn't sure how long it will take us to clear customs etc.

Melb
Level Contributor
590 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info on flight timings from Bangkok A/port to Phuket

Don't forget you can use the Bangkok Airways lounge for free with an onward ticket.

bangkokair.com/pages/view/suvarnabhumi-inter… Scroll down to lounges.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k…

enjoy.

shway

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
8,127 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Info on flight timings from Bangkok A/port to Phuket

No need for code share flights. KLM and Bangkok Airways have an agreement to check bags through. That way you can stay airside in BKK. bangkokair.com/pages/view/check-in-through

But even if you do need to check in again 5 hours is plenty of time.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,484 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Info on flight timings from Bangkok A/port to Phuket

See the previous answer.

And to be very complete, probably more for the benefit of others than for yours: you land at and depart from the same airport.

Scotland
Level Contributor
136 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Info on flight timings from Bangkok A/port to Phuket

Thanks for the information folks. Glad we don't have to collect our bags! One less hassle really. Might be able to have a meal in the airport before we board our flight to Phuket then!

Scotland
Level Contributor
136 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Info on flight timings from Bangkok A/port to Phuket

Just for information, our bags were checked straight through from Aberdeen to Phuket flying via Amsterdam and Bangkok. We did not have to pick up our bags as previously advised by our travel agent!! Those in the UK may know them by the tag line "the travel experts"

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
8,127 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Info on flight timings from Bangkok A/port to Phuket

I also arrived today with bags checked through from Germany to Amsterdam and Bangkok on KLM and then on to Samui with Bangkok Airways. We got all boardingpasses, including the one for the Bangkok 'Airways flight, at first check-in in Germany.

9. Re: Info on flight timings from Bangkok A/port to Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 05:17