We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Other beach areas other than Patong

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Other beach areas other than Patong

My 20yo daughter and her friend are heading to Phuket for 8 nights in mid February.

Like most uni students they're on a tight budget. I thought that perhaps they could split their time and have 4 nights in another area other than Patong and then probably 4 nights in Patong.

Can anyone suggest another beach area in Phuket that would have enough action for 20yo girls and perhaps a resort/hotel that is reasonable value please?

Cheers!

Sal

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Other beach areas other than Patong

It depends on what you mean by action, if you mean nightlife bars clubs pubs then Patong, but they could well do to enjoy many other aspects, there are beaches with 'some' nightlife if that is what you mean but they could also visit another island or head to Khao Lak north of Phuket for lovely beaches an enough restaurants etc to suit most, or even spend a few days in the Khao Sok National park which has absoluely stunning scenery. There are lots of things to see and do but the more natural areas will not have the shopping / action but make up for it in many other ways :)

Edited: 17 September 2013, 10:52
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Other beach areas other than Patong

Thanks Monica. I probably mean with some night life and some shopping with various restaurants in a beach area.

They can party it up properly when they hit Patong.

I'll have a look at Khao Lak

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Other beach areas other than Patong

Otherwise Kata beach area or the south part of Kata which has restaurants and some shops if just on Phuket. But if they have time for lively times and shopping in Patong would be lovely if they could see some of the more natural areas, Khao lak has gorgeous beaches and as said the Khao Sok National Park is stunning and lively to experience whatever age group.

There is also nearby Krabi which is very scenic.

4. Re: Other beach areas other than Patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 06:20