We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone else a bit sick from Nai Thon area?

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
157 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone else a bit sick from Nai Thon area?

Just wondered if I'm alone here.

Recently stayed in a nice hotel in Nai Thon and only ate there. We split our time so am now somewhere else but have really really bad diarrhea. It is room-confining and have had some eyebrow-raising 'accidents' (fortunately my own). I haven't been able to eat all that scrummy Thai food out there and I look out the window at a gorgeous beach that I can't go near unless I completely starve myself for 24 hours.

I am hygiene conscious and the hotel was extremely clean so I have no idea what went wrong. Just wondered if others have got sick in the last 4 days or so. But just making it clear - I'm not wanting to blame it on the hotel as it could be an incubated number from Singapore.

Still loving Phuket!!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone else a bit sick from Nai Thon area?

You don't have to suffer NylOrac. You can ask your hotel to call a doctor to your room if you can't get to one.

I've had food poisoning twice in Thailand and have been hospitalised twice and received fantastic care, so please don't suffer in silence. It could be as simple as a doctor giving you a shot or a prescription for some antibiotics.

You risk becoming dangerously dehydrated unless you receive treatment and you don't want to miss out on enjoying the rest of your holiday.

All the best,

Sue

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone else a bit sick from Nai Thon area?

Susan's right you need to get the hotel to call a a doctor the sooner you see someone the quicker it'll be over.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,374 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone else a bit sick from Nai Thon area?

Apparently there's a lot of novo virus in Phuket right now.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
157 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone else a bit sick from Nai Thon area?

Thanks everyone for your responses - will get on to it.

Reminds me that next time I'll remember the Imodium. :)

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone else a bit sick from Nai Thon area?

The doctors on call are great. I had one last year in Bangkok, at my hotel. About $150AUD and all was fixed. He gave me enough pills for the next 5 days. I was up the next morning and out the door! Your travel insurance will cover it if you don't have pre-existing stomach/bowel conditions.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
157 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone else a bit sick from Nai Thon area?

Thanks Julie. I didn't even think about my insurance. :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone else a bit sick from Nai Thon area?

Try eating plain boiled rice if you can keep it down - will help with the runs

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone else a bit sick from Nai Thon area?

"Try eating plain boiled rice if you can keep it down - will help with the runs"

I think bananas are best for that.

9. Re: Anyone else a bit sick from Nai Thon area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 06:20