We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typhoon

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Typhoon

I'm coming for my honeymoon on the 21st of october till the 29th , but from the bad weather i'm seeing in asia on the news and the typhoon am a little bit scared now.

So iwant to ask is there's a possibility for phuket to get hit by a typhoon and when ?

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Typhoon

Seriously? When? If we could predict weather that accurately we'd all be very rich!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,929 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Typhoon

Are you serious Fawzy?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,860 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Typhoon

The typhoon you're talking about is currently heading away from Thailand towards Hong Kong. Have a look at a map to see where it is.

As for future typhoons, nobody knows

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Typhoon

Typhoons do hit Thailand, but not very often. Normally they have downgraded to a depression by the time they reach here.

More info: …wikipedia.org/wiki/…Typhoons_in_Thailand

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
157 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Typhoon

The end of October is usually gorgeous - we had calm stunning days. I'm sure it'll be fine. :)

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Typhoon

Typhoon is just about above my head just now.

Along with everybody else in Hong Kong the number one concern is getting a day off on Monday. :-)

If I typhoon hits Thailand, it`s unlikely to be where you are, it`s unlikely to be when you are there.

7. Re: Typhoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 05:18