We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family with 1 tot and 1 baby, shd we stay in Patong area?

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Family with 1 tot and 1 baby, shd we stay in Patong area?

We are a family with a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old baby.

Having 2 littles ones will be handful, so we are really seeking for a relaxing holiday where the bubs can play by the beach, in the pool, be reasonably entertained.

But we don't want to be cooped up inside the resort all the time.. I'm looking for a place where we can step out to find a good variety of local restaurants and hawkers (we love Thai food!!) and where there are some shops so we can walk abt in the evenings.

I've read thru the reviews and shortlisted these 3 hotels:

- Angsana Laguna

- Holiday Inn in Patong

Was nearly convinced that Angsana Languna is my best bet -- but i am now wondering if the vicinity wd be too boring, with not much local shops and thai restaurants.

So i went on to Holiday Inn, which im sure will offer much shops and fun outside the resort due to its Patong location.

Can anyone tell me if I shd really stay away from Patong as it is too frenetic with 2 little ones in tow? And the Patong beach, is it very crowded in Feb?

And what is the vicinity ard Angsana Laguna like?

Thanks, any tips or insight will be appreciated!

Patong, Thailand
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Family with 1 tot and 1 baby, shd we stay in Patong area?

Very flooded here rain too much next 2 weeks, October our wet season you know? comeback in December - January ok

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family with 1 tot and 1 baby, shd we stay in Patong area?

Laguna is quite a long way from Patong, if you want to be close to busy bustling, shops, mall, nightlife then Holiday Inn is an excellent choice, across the road from the beach. But if between November and April the beach will be very busy indeed.

But do apprecitee Patong is very busy and so very different indeed from Laguna area.

Centara is a hotel group that has some lovely family resorts, the Centara Karon is a walk to the beach but you are close to shops, restaurants etc and busy without being 'very busy ( if that makes sense ), Karon is the next beach down from Patong.

Video clip, click the grey area in the center.

www.centarahotelsresorts.com/ckr/tour.asp

In my humble opinion I would not bother in your case with laguna area but decide just how busy you want it to be.

When are you visiting ? prices vary a great deal depending on time of year. Also budget ? That of course makes a huge difference.

Edited: 08 October 2013, 04:48
Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family with 1 tot and 1 baby, shd we stay in Patong area?

Sorry did not see you mentioned February, yes, it will be busy.

Budget is important because it all depends how much you want to spend to see what you can get for your money.

4. Re: Family with 1 tot and 1 baby, shd we stay in Patong area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 06:20