We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Phuket and need help!

Redondo Beach...
12 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Phuket and need help!

Hi All, Thank you in advance for your help!

My fiancé and I are getting married in 2 weeks. Yikes! We are flying into Bangkok on Tuesday 10/29 and in Thailand until 11/10 for our honeymoon. We are going straight to Chiang Mai until 11/1 and then we are going to Phuket. We have Chiang Mai figured out but are so lost on the rest of the trip and need help.

Our plan is to stay in Phuket a bit, go to some of the islands on our way to Krabi and then finish up in Krabi before flying out. We live in a beach community in California and know that there are little pockets that are better than others or have a culture that is better than another, so that's what we are trying to figure out.

We like being in an area that is lively but quiet...I don't need to see a college girl puking and then walking into the next bar, but I don't want to hear crickets either. We like live music, good drinks and food, and places that are fun and exciting, not wild and dangerous. I know...can I be anymore vague?!

How long should we stay on Phuket? Is Krabi worth the trip? Are any of the islands better than the others? In Phuket, is Kata the right place to stay, or should we be in Patong? Or somewhere else?

We are easy going. Like good food, good drinks, good people watching. We want to make it as memorable, but also want the ability to just sit and relax if that's what the day brings.

Anything will help.

Thanks so much!

Paul

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Phuket and need help!

Patong is pretty lively, maybe a night or two there just to see what goes on and do some shopping then maybe a night or two on Phi Phi and on to Krabi which is stunning and a good base (Ao Nang or Railay Beach) for tours to nearby islands. Ao Nang, whilst not having the best beach by Thailand standards, does have some nice scenery and a good choice of restaurants, bars etc, then maybe a few days on Railay Beach for a more chilled out vibe and better beach before your flight back to Bangkok (via Krabi?).

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,040 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Phuket and need help!

Patong is the place to go if you want to party but in saying that you can really relax there if you want to. Kata and Karon are only 10/20 mins drive away but more laid back. If you want to go to Phi Phi make sure you stay a few days otherwise it is not worth it. From there you can go to Krabi which is what Patong was like many years ago.

Have a great time.

Redondo Beach...
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Phuket and need help!

Thanks so much! I've read that Phi Phi is getting very touristy...is it too touristy? Are there other islands you recommend?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Phuket and need help!

"I've read that Phi Phi is getting very touristy" - it's not getting, it already is very touristy, but still very beautiful, just avoid the main arrival area and those beaches nearby.

5. Re: Honeymoon in Phuket and need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:18