We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anywhere in Phuket similar to Seminyak in Bali?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Topic
Anywhere in Phuket similar to Seminyak in Bali?

Hi

We recently went to Seminyak in Bali and loved it. We had a private villa with pool, 5 mins walk to brilliant restaurants, shops and bars and 10 mins walk from the wonderful Kuta beach. Perfect for us and our 4 year old daughter.

Is there anywhere in Phuket that is very similar to Seminyak that you can recommend?

many thanks

Tina

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anywhere in Phuket similar to Seminyak in Bali?

Hi Tina...I have also stayed in Seminyak/Bali tho' granted it was in the mid 90's....However trying to compare places is akin to comparing apples and bananas...

There is nowhere on Phuket that I would compare to Seminyak and vice versa....However this is only my opinion....Same as I would not compare Waikiki to Gold Coast/Australia-Singapore to Bangkok....

The only comparable thing in my eyes is the weather being tropical and even then,I can only compare temperatures in similarity....

We could accept the beauty of each and every place being different and having something different and wonderful to offer....

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,826 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anywhere in Phuket similar to Seminyak in Bali?

Perfect reply cocotang.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anywhere in Phuket similar to Seminyak in Bali?

Hi

I agree with cocotang. One thing I can tell you that The beach in and around Phuket are far more superior than those around kuta, samiyak. We stayed ( this year August ) at The Royal beach saminyak and found the sand out the front were all black not white sand like we have here in Phuket.

I rally think kata or karon beach would suits you than Patong beach.

Hope this help

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anywhere in Phuket similar to Seminyak in Bali?

Agree with Sweetpea I would be looking at Karon beautiful beach with plenty of restaurants, shops.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
210 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anywhere in Phuket similar to Seminyak in Bali?

I agree I visit Bali often and to compare the 2 is like chalk and cheese, I do agree the beaches at Karon/Kata are more pristine then some of the beaches in Bali.

In saying that Bali does has some beautiful white sand beaches.

6. Re: Anywhere in Phuket similar to Seminyak in Bali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 06:20