We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daj Still unrealiable

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Daj Still unrealiable

just want people to be wary of Daj in Phuket.

We have just got back from a 3 months cruise and I had booked Daj to take us out for day. We exchanged emails many times, even the day before when he reminded me that we would have to walk out to the port gates as he would not be allowed to enter. That was ok and I trusted that he would be there... He had my email and he had my mobile phone number and not once did he try to contact us... We waited and waited and when I tried to ring him he would answer then hang up.. after the 3rd time he answered and said he wasn't coming..

He said he couldn't get a pass for the pier... which we knew which is why we were outside.... but instead of contacting us he left us there... That is what is unacceptable.....

We managed to arrange a tour with another lovely driver who took us out for the day for the same cost as Daj was charging us for 1 person...

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daj Still unrealiable

Sadly I had also had some bad service from Daj when in phuket in April. My mum booked him for pick up but he didn't turn up so she got a taxi, then a couple of days later when I arrived I waited over an hour for his mate to arrive for same hotel transfer. The mate was very tired and kept telling me how many trips he had done ack and forth to the airport made me feel very uneasy. I know others swear by Daj but not sure that I would book unless I knew I was getting Daj and not his mate. Lou Darwin

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
798 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daj Still unrealiable

That's good to know as I've seen so many people on TA recommend him, perhaps he's so busy that he's let his customer service slip. We had the same disappontment when we booked a private tour in the Mekong with a guide highly recommended on TA, we had a very different experience to what everyone else had said. Good to hear some of the not so great stories as well as all the praise. Thanks for letting us know.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daj Still unrealiable

That's a shame, we had a great day out with him.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daj Still unrealiable

Hi Packetau,

So sorry this happened to you, we have used Daj many times and always found him reliable. We were also on a cruise and went to Phuket 7 weeks ago and i wrote a post on how discussed we were with the Taxi Mafia at the port. tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k…

Its so bad when a local driver can't enter the port, or even wait outside the gates of the port unless he pays the Mafia a large fee!

I understand Daj not wanting to deal with the Mafia as the repercussions are not worth it, but its also poor that he did not contact you and let you know.

Please don't write Daj off because he is scared of the Taxi Mafia.

Cheers, Pete

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Daj Still unrealiable

The thing is ... if he knows that this is a problem with ports ... don't accept bookings from cruise ships... easy...

we are there for such a short period during our day it is unfair to take a booking knowing that you may not be able to be there.... we waited and waited in good faith for him...

I have no doubt that he is good guide... but reliability is also important... If I was the only one on this forum then that would be forgivable, but when I search there are other threads with the same complaint.

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daj Still unrealiable

yes we had a probelm with Daj on our first visit, was on time but spent most of his time on his phone

we really felt like a taxi fare then halfway through the day trip told us he was dropping us off at Tesco as he'd double booked an airport pickup so he handed us over to a driver who spoke no English and was taking us to places we didnt want to go, it got frustrating so luckily he understood "HOTEL" and we cut our day trip short. we accidentally discovered our regular; driver Pong the next day and we have used him on all our trips since (8 times) Gave Daj the flick no matter how rated he is, I dont rate him at all.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Daj Still unrealiable

Regret to hearing this. Many good tourist guide and driver in Phuket but didn't show on TA.

8. Re: Daj Still unrealiable

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 October 2013, 02:05
australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Daj Still unrealiable

True Yellowlemonade many drivers you dont see on here My driver you hardly see but would not swap him for any of the more popular drivers mentioned on here, hes always reliable and never let me down as well as many friends i have recommended to him

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
102 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Daj Still unrealiable

If your looking for a reliable driver and tour guide i highly recommend ours, his name is Unna and has never let us or anyone ive sent to him down. Hes a simple thai young man who makes you feel welcome, safe and at home from Hello! You can find him on Facebook under Come Phuket Ask Unna, or Staff Captain Unna, Highly recommend to all.